Recarpeting

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Hofman

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a company (or companies) that will recarpet a boat for you, rather than you having to do it yourself? Can a boat be sent to a factory or service center to be recarpeted?

My boat is okay right now, but I can see the need to do this project in a couple of years and I don't have the time or the skill to do it myself unless I am absolutely forced to.

Woops:eek:. Posted before I did a search. Found out the name of a guy in Kentucky who will do it.

If anyone has any other suggestions, I'd be interested to hear them. (But buying a new boat isn't an option.......yet:D)

C & O Marine in White Bluff Tn. does a fine job, they are just west of Nashville. Later<>< <>< <>< <>< Jack

I heard it's very labor intensive
hand-money[2].jpg

You know the old saying. A boat is a hole in the water through which money disappears.

Or something to that affect.

fatrap

I've seen one guy do it, a member from way back here, Jim Lively in GA. He's done a dozen or more, and I watched him do his latest Skeeter, it is VERY labor intensive and detailed (hatches, edges, and such). He did an outstanding professional looking job, but he's been doing it for years on his 'project' boats, so I know he probably made a few mistakes early on.

Blue Ribbon Fiberglass... it's in Wisconsin... They have an excellent reputation.... I could probably arrange to swap trip you meet me in Quincy and I haul it up on one of my month;y trips... And then back down...

I learned a lesson with my carpet, frozen compartment lids WILL pull the rugs up and off the deck if you pull the compartment hard enough :(

It's getting old, do you really want to see the fish we catch in the when the water is soft :wacko:

Cost...

When I had mine done, he charged me about $150 labor and I bought the carpet at Cabelas for around $200.

we split the labor in that I removed all the stuff, ripped up the old carpet (that was kinda fun) and removed all the lids/locks/etc. I also re-installed the above.

He would've charged me about $250 if he had done that work.

Well worth it to me.

you got a great deal Sim, maybe I should drive down to your State when the time comes to chamge the carpet

Back