Rear Deck.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Foster2

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with my problem. The wood on my rear deck where the rear seat pole goes in the deck has starting rotting. It's to the point now where it's not safe for someone to sit in. Has anyone ever replaced their rear deck? Can you just cut that section out and put a new section in? There is like a 6 x 6 plate that sits on top of the deck(under the carpet)and mounts through the deck. Could i just cut out the bad section, get a bigger plate(big enough to extend out to grab some of the orginial deck)to go underneath the deck to mount to, then just put a filler piece of wood between that and the existing top plate/hole where the seat pole goes in? It's a 92 nitro TF170. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John

Is it possible to remove the entire deck portion that the rear seat attaches to? If you can I would replace that entire piece. If the rear deck is one big piece then you may need to take a different approach. Depends on how the deck is constructed. I've replaced pieces of my deck in the past. Not to difficult, but time consuming.

I don't have any direct experience with that model, but most of the rear decks, that are plywood (marine grade likely), can be taken out and replaced. There is usually some 'trick' that you have to know on the order to take things out.

Tex

You will need to pull the carpet up - if its not all rotten you can put basicly a brace plate in there on the bottom and on the top. West Marine has them. That happened to me once on a Fish/Ski i had. Its pretty common on Open water rigs. D

Back