Re-arming kits at WalMart - CHEAP!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
I have an earlier model Sospenders model self-inflating vest. I needed to put in a new re-arming kit (which I had), but wanted another. I'm also considering buying a newer version, but haven't done it as yet.

I went looking for a re-arming kit, and stumbled upon a re-arming kit at WalMart, reduced for clearance to $5 each. This is normally a $16-18.00 kit. Got four, and put them away. Note, these are the kits with the 3/8" connection, and not the newer ones that are larger.

Tex

This one didn't have any vests, but I'll keep an eye out. What amazes me is that Wal Mart spends all this money to sponsor the FLW, and I'll tell you, that most of the WalMart's that I've been to in the Carolina's and now here in E. Texas, have terrible fishing departments. There is a huge WalMart in Tyler that basically has two rows of fishing stuff. Ten miles from Lake Palestine, and about 60 miles from Fork.

I simply don't get it.

Tex

Our Walmart's fishing area keeps shrinking too. I'm gonna check on the re-arming kit. I was surprised mine didn't inflate the other day when I was fishing my Golden Retriever out of the lake. I was soaked. It is an older model so I don't think it's the pressure release type. Just didn't get enough water in the right spot, I suppose. Can't get the dog to jump into the pool at home but, as soon as I take him for his first boat ride he jumps in the 40 degree lake. I had a life vest on him and used that to help get him out after his swim. I don't mind him jumping in, it's just hard to drag a 100 pound dog back into the boat. Hutch

I have two Wal-Marts pretty near to me and they are both awful as far as their fishing departments go. There isn't even very much salt water stuff and this is Chesapeake Bay territory. I used to read, on this boar, about deals people were finding at their local Wal-Marts so I'd get in the car and drive to both of them only to find they didn't have the same deal or they didn't have the item at all.

I also have a huge K-Mart right down the street from me that USED to carry a pretty good assortment of lures and gear. They never had anything on sale but if you had to pick something up real quick, they probably had it. Now since they bought Sears, they are down to 1/2 of an aisle of junk. From that store you can almost throw a rock and hit at least two parts of South River which is right off the Bay. I don't get it either?

Uncle Billy

Easy Uncle Billy - they saw the BPS go in at Arundel Mills and got scared! :lol::lol:

Don't feel bad about your WalMart , mine did not know what a sospender was & when I asked about a re-arming kit for one they asked me if it was some kind of a gun :wacko::lol:

Back