Rally Accomodations

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Major

Reaction score
Is there some kind of break on prices for the Rally participants? I don't really want to pay over 160 bucks a night for a cabin if I can help it. I just got off the phone with the Moors and that is what they quoted me for a two bedroom cabin. I asked about a special rate and they told me that if we get enough then maybe there will be a discount. I would appreciate any info about this or suggestions for other places to stay.

Alwaysaracer -

Did you talk to Shirley?

They do have some less expensive cabins..... But as late as it is, they are likely all taken - by other guests if not by us.

Can you go for a lodge room? They are far less expensive.

Everyone else.....

If you haven't made your reservations by now, you'd better hurry before ALL rooms are booked. We are within 60 days and the extra rooms that they were holding for us are now available to anyone who wants them.....

Call Shirley at 800-626-5472.

Git 'er Done!

Just go to Kentuckylake.com and pick and choose...there's a lot fo places! :)

TEE

Tom -

How many people are you bringing?

And..... Even more important..... What did you used to race?

Glad you can make it!

Looking forward to meeting you!

me!

Autocrossing an MGB back in the mid- to late 70's.

Autocrossing is road racing but against a clock instead of wheel-to-wheel. Often done on a road racing course (not regular streets); more often done on very large parking lots and places like closed airports where the course is laid out with pylons.

Remember when the FLW had the courses the boats would run during the tournaments? That's what it was like!

On the small courses, I would often run entirely in 1st and 2nd gear topping out maybe in the 40's. They'd usually be over in about 1 1/2 minutes..... On the regular race courses, I would often hit the 90's or better and take 3 minutes or more to make a circuit..... That was in a "stock" MGB - blueprinted but no porting or polishing allowed, heavier fluid in the shocks but stock springs and street legal tires, etc..... Car's like Ken's Prized Datsun 240Z, Corvettes, Porsches and the race prepared cars got going MUCH faster!

A couple of times, while setting up the smaller courses, I took rides with others as we checked the layout..... Even at the slower speeds, as a passenger, I was amazed at the violence of the ride - something you never noticed as the driver..... Getting slammed against the door as we went through a slalom..... Thrown forward during breaking for a 90 degree turn.....

Dang! That was FUN!!

me!

Back