Raising seats

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daveallen

Reaction score
New owner of a 1999 Sport 185. The captain seat is to low. Has anyone out there raised it up. Does it affect performance?

I know. My 2004 188Sport has the same issue both seats sit on the floor. really hard to get out of the seat and rise to a standing position. So I will be watching this thread

This is what I did to raise the seat AND make it adjustable.

Attachments

• IMG_20210612_132223086.jpg
    IMG_20210612_132223086.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 77
This is what I did to raise the seat AND make it adjustable.
looks like this would raise my seats about 5 inches. Is that tall enough ? I see some of these boats with Air Ride seat bases, what you think, would these raise my seats too tall ?

Yes, it raised mine about 5 inches. You can go higher but then you might be sitting above the windshield while boating. I especially like the adjustable platform as I can now move the seat to where it is most comfortable for me.

I did this over a year ago. Can't remember where I got the parts. I'll try and do some added research and see what I can find.

my idea is too remove those large ski chairs and install a bass seat pedestal. Thats what the newer fish and ski's have. Those old ski seats are heavy and eat up lots of floor space

I did this over a year ago. Can't remember where I got the parts. I'll try and do some added research and see what I can find.
Sorry, I have the nitro z-7 not the sport, I understand it’s a different configuration. I was looking to raise the drivers seat up a couple of inches

Latest posts

Back