Rain

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Well, I checked NOAA and it looks like we will be fishing in rain and cool weather next week. There's good and bad with that....usually more good than bad. It keeps the recreational boaters and jetskiers off the lake, the fish bite better and ya don't get sunburned. That is why we buy the 100mph suits. I'm confident that I will be dry and toasty!! Nothing will ruin a day on the water faster than being wet and cold!! My wife looked at me last night and said..."You are starting to get "spun-up" aren't you"? Well....YEAH!! We leave Thursday morning!!:lol::lol:

For those still looking, word has it that Cabelas has put their Guidewear rainsuits on sale. Still expensive but worth every penny. I'm sure as soon as BPS sees the Guidewear sale, their rainsuits will go on sale also. Keep an eye peeled.

TOXIC

TOXIC

Also, more about the rain suits..........

I have one of the 100 MPH suits from Bass Pro. THEY are worth every penny. I use mine not only on the boat but on the motorcycle too. Better than any rain suit at a motorcycle shop ! Keeps my big behind bone dry!!!

CIII,

Looks like we will luck out on the winds....5-10 at most every day. It's still too early to really believe the forcasts but we can keep out fingers crossed!!;) I still think it will be fantastic fishing, them big girls hafta move up there pretty soon, cool weather or not. I'm not bringing my lightweight rain suit. Got all the rods figured out last night, baits ready to go, just waiting to load the truck!!:lol: It's gonna be a long 3 days next week!! Looks like we will be driving in rain Thursday.

TOXIC

That for us or up North? No wind readings? Does it really matter....we're goin one way or the other!!:lol: Lock and load!!:cool:

TOXIC

Yes, that is St Clair!

You are right there man! Lets just hope for the best! I have my cold WX gear packed as it is anyway...plus the light stuff in case we get lucky....

Erie's fish are in the bay and await my arrival. The full moon coming up should have them up on the beds by Thurs afternoon when i get there. Keep your phone on Carlos. I'll be sending pic's!:lol:

I was out for 11 hours yesterday....

You guys have two things to worry about. Lack of sun and wind.....

The males are cozying up to the beds now. not many females around but they are cruising in some areas where I know they hang out just before coming in to do the deed.

Timing is looking perfect! I got about 500 beds marked :)

OUCh!

Worry about lack of wind on St Clair?? NO WAY MAN!!! Ahh who needs the sun.......

SWEET Mini! MAc with you??

Nope,......I was out of town Sat-Sun....visiting Mom and my sisters and their families....another GREAT time had by all!!:rolleyes::wub:

As far as the weather this week.....bring rainsuits, sweatshirts, and an extra pair of dry shoes!! The only place you're gonna need sunscreen is on your nose, and that'll just sooth the windburn!!!! :blink::wacko:

Seeya THURSDAY!!:D:rolleyes:

Aw heck let's just call it off......NOT!!!!! I've got everything packed and just waiting for that MoNkEy boat to pull into the driveway. CIII will be so buzzed, I'm gonna let him wax my truck instead of sleeping Wednesday night. That way it'll be all shiney at 3:30am when we pull out.:lol:

I think it's about time for another one of Neeley's famous lists.:p:lol:

100 mph suit...check

underarmour....check

speedo....check

chapstick....check

bandaids....check

mydol....check

tweezers...check

C'mon Ken...Finish the list.

TOXIC

Ken who?

Not LACK of wind....LAck of sun.

There WILL be wind, that I can almost gaurantee.

If you have multiple rain suits (this is the reason I carry THREE), bring em. Nothing worse than putting on a cold wet suit at 6am....

Ever thought about taking it INSIDE to dry???:blink::wacko::rolleyes:

Might be a good idea for those of you who don't own THREE!!!;)

Aint my first rodeo Mac....I have brought fans with me into a hotel rooms to get the stuff to dry....never does when you have to get up at 4 to fish....

All I am saying is dont scrimp on rain gear for this weekend. If you have multiples, bring em, if not......you will be clammy in the AM.

Speedo? Mini you better hope he has 3 rain suits if he plans on wearing a Speedo!!:lol::lol::blink:

Tim

I wont see it. He cant make me look!!!!

Carlos,

I see Scott left those Senko's off the list!!!:D:D:D

Less weight in the boat............

Back