rain suits

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe G

Reaction score
hey all looking to get a new rain suit . i really like the 100mph one or the xps suit about 40 dollars cheaper just really cant afford the $450 or so . was looking at the spring fishing sale flyer that came today from BPS. they have the hpr for $79 dollars for bib and $79 dollars for parka. now im leaning toward that. any suggestions on them . i dont want to make a mistake involving that much $$$ then be stuck with one im unhappy with . i fish at least once a week, year round and do tourny fish local 20 boat tournys i live in central fla so it dont get to cold to yall but to me 30'---- 60's is cold to me. also would they be to hot in the summer high 90's 100% humidity when raining? thanks for any and all pros and cons. my boat only goes 45 mph but i would like to be able to use if and when i ever get some thing that goes faster. up to 65 mph (hoping someday) thanks again .. joe

I have the XPS suit and love it. Much lighter weight than the 100MPH (I just wear a fleece under if it's cold). Living in Fla, you could probably get away with the HPR suit. I had one before stepping up to the XPS and it worked fine. If you can swing the $$$, buy the XPS.

Craig

Agree with Craig....step up if you can, but the HPR is a great buy for the money.

I have the both the XPS and HPR suits. I can't complain about either one of them. They both have their place.

The HPR is great in summer time and it is light weight and packs very small. If you fish T's as a non-boater it is very easy to bring with you. When the weather drops to a bone chilling 60 degrees, the HPR is generously sized so there is plenty of room to dress in layers. My first trip in my HPR suit was in early May on Lake Winnipesaukee in NH. I was riding in the center of a 901 CDX when my buddy speared a wave. The water temp was only 45 degrees. I took the full brunt of the wave and stayed bone dry.

I borrowed Mac's XPS suit this fall for a tournament. I like it so much that I still have it :eek:) It has some nicer features(more pockets, fleece lined pockets and collar, double reinforced knees and seat) and heavier outer shell. It's great for early spring and late fall fishing up here in the great white North when 40 degree mornings are common. The down side is that it is a little bulky and cumbersum to pack and stow away if you fish with other people a lot.

Regardless of the outer material and bells and whistles, the important thing is that they are both lined with Gore-Tex and not some cheap knock-off material.

The XPS is worth the extra coin but if your budget minded, you will not be disapointed with the HPR suit at under $200.

hey thanks guys for the info im leaning more at the HPR thanks again...Joe

I would save until you can get the 100mph in the long run... you'll b happy.... I know I was!

Kraig

I have the Cabela's rainwear...and it works good for summer but, when I get somemore funds Im' goin' 100 MPH...:)

TEE

Hey "Mach",...funny you should mention that,..you still owe me for that!!! (Don't you???) LOL.....

Mac

Back