Quick Non-Tracker Price Question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ethan Book

Reaction score
I don't really know where to turn with this question, so I thought I would pick the brains here real quick. I'm looking at a 2002 14 ft SeaArk boat with a 2002 Shorelander trailer and a 1996 Johnson 9.9 motor. This is a basic mod-v jon with a .100 thickness. The motor is electric start and the guy is asking $1850 for the package (includes gas tank/battery/transom trolling motor). So, what do you think? I'm looking for something to modify and make into my small lake boat.

I don't know anything about those boats. However, it seems to me that $1850. for a 14' modified V boat, with a 9.9 electric start motor, a 2002 Shorelander trailer, trolling motor, battery and gas tank is an OK deal if everything is in good shape. I fixed up a 14' regular jon boat some years ago and it cost me much more than that. Hopefully you'll get some more answers from more knowledgeable people. Good Luck..

Uncle Billy

Thanks for the guess Uncle Billy ... I'm not sure what these things go for in my area so I was just looking for any imput. It's exactly the style I want to modify, but I thought if I was going to cut into it I would want to spend a little less. Here is a picture of the boat
PICT0004.JPG

Seems like a decent deal to me. If I was looking for a project boat I would be all over it.

Thanks for the replies guys. I don't really know what to do. I would really like a bigger motor, but I would also like the mod-v style and something less that $1850 if possible ... around here you don't see many mod-v jons. Mostly you see flat bottoms. Also, I believe the SeaArks are all welded if that makes a difference (does it?).

In case anyone was wondering (doubt it) or this info may help someone give me advice ... The guy said he would sell me a 15 horse Evinrude (1985) and knock a couple hundred off the price. That would give me a more powerful motor, but an older motor ... although less money spent means more from my conversion!

I don't know what the h.p. the boat is rated for but if it were me, I would keep the newer 9.9 for now until I could upgrade to whatever it is rated for or when I could buy a newer boat. I would still have the 9.9 checked out though, compression, etc..

As for welded vs. riveted, I would go with the welded every time. Mine is riveted and I've never had a problem with it but have heard from some that it has.

It looks like a nice, clean boat though the trailer tires look pretty small. You don't want to tow very far with small tires or a trailer that doesn't fit the boat.

Uncle Billy

Back