Questions about the Glass Boats for the experts...

• Thread starter Michael Trepper
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
OK Going to take the Nitro out for its maiden fishing voyage on Sat AM.

I've gotten a few ideas on how to keep the sparkles sparkly (Vinegar and water solution from Brian). I also have figured out that my 700lx does NOT have a built in ice cooler/chest. In my PC 175 i've always used the rear livewell with a stopper as a cooler. With a larger divided livewell, that won't work. I could do with smaller soft side cooler(s) under the passenger console or in a storage area? Could I just use a rear storage box/container as a cooler and poor out any water (I usualy use the refreezable packs anyway)?

What about other stuff to think about?

Hey Trep, you could use the livewell, cause you won't need it for anything else anyway!:D:D:D:lol::p

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Anyway....

I always had to carry an extra cooler in mine.

Tom

Get yourself some Bass Boat Klean and Shine from Kick'n'Bass... it's an easy 10 minute wipedown and you'll get some Carnuba Wax along with it. Clean and Shiny!

Surprised it doesnt have a cooler... didja check under the passenger seat? That's where mine was in the NX750. (and in teh 911 for that matter).

Trep, i wipe mine down with Mothers Showtime instant detailer when i yank it from the water. I dont feel the need for wax every time thats why i like the mothers. It works well and is available at most big chain auto parts places.

As far as the cooler goes i would just carry one on the boat and stuff it under the console. The rear compartments while they could be used as a cooler arent insulated and you will have problems keeping them cold. On my old boat i just put a playmate cooler under the console and i made a tiedown for it using a bungee cord and a couple of eye bolts that i screwed into the backside of the rod locker. If you dont boat in rough water you wont have to worry as much about tieing it down.

Trep my partner has a Fisher 18 that is the same boat as the Nitro 180. No cooler there either. He put a few drain holes in the storage compartment behind the drivers seat and the sprayed a little foam insulation on the outside of the drop in liner. Works great and drains to the bottom of the boat and lets the bilge take care of it. Can still use it for non-perishables too. Good luck on that maiden voyage!:D

Go to Sam's and buy one of their soft sided 'freezer bags'. They are about $10.00. It will work great, and will fit in a variety of compartments.

Tex

Bass Boat Saver...get it and use it. Cleaner, wax, and uv protectant all in one. And no I am not sponsored by them.

TOXIC

Another vote for Bass Boat Saver - and no, I'm not sponsored by them either ( I wish I was - awesome product !!! )

All the best,

Glenn

Sim - The 99 did not have a cooler under the seat :-( It has 2 carpeted storage areas under the seats.

Mmm too many options :eek: Just use the rear storage drop in, drill holes and insulate the rear storage drop in, get a soft side cooler for a compartment , take a rear storage compartment out and get a cooler!! I'll probably try the soft side cooler like Tex talked about, we already have 2 collapsable ones we keep in each vehicle for those unexpected trip to the grocery.

mmm... Bass boat saver, Bass boat klean and shine, Mothers Stowtime or vinegar and water!!! MAN this Glass stuff is complecx!!:cool:

Trep. I keep a spray bottle with 1-part Distilled white vinegar and 2-parts distilled water in the back of my truck.When you pull the boat out of the water,spray it down while it is wet,wipe it clean,it cuts the scum right off and keeps it sparkly clean.Other than that I washnwax it once a month,I like the 3M fiberglass boat wax/cleaner product after a good washn.

Spend the money and get some Bass Boat Saver. You will be impressed. I wipe mine down everytime I pull out. It shines up like it's still on the showroom floor.

NoCAL

another BassBoat Saver vote here too.......Thnx again Carlos,...that stuff rocks!!

Trep...relax....glass kicks ass....no need to strress out!!..LOL

Back