Questionable Service

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee Brumbaugh

Reaction score
Since purchasing my boat in June I have had two occasions where I had to deal with the Customer Service department at Bass Pro in Springfield, MO. In both instances a work order was not done up for my problems, one dealt with the trailer and one with the in-dash radio/CD player. During both of these fiascos (sp?) the people I talked to when I returned to pick up the parts were baffled as to why no work order was done and said that one should have been drawn up. This also obviously confused the people trying to help me at the time and resulted in additional trips to Springfield (2hr drive for me) because there was no "paper trail".

What gives? I was told by someone I know that companies often do stuff like this because if there is a work order done it results in a "ding" against the company. Is this true? Could Tracker Marine be hiding service related issues to make themselves look better than what they actually are?

Any comments?

Ranger413

Ranger413 -

No way.

If for no other reason than that information is too valuable to Tracker to tell them where they need to immediately turn there attention to correct problems and save the company money and provide a better product to the customer.

Also, Tracker Marine Boat Centers is a seperate entity. The information from the service departments wouldn't get back to Tracker Marine until warranty claims are filed.

me!

It's EXTREMELY important for the customer to have a work order. Let's say you're within the warranty period and you have problems with the carpet. They replace it. Well, a few months later, you have the same problem but you're out of warranty. Having a work order showing that you had this problem DURING the warranty period will often serve to help your cause when arguing about it with the service department or manufacturer. INSIST on a work order. How else will you have documentation that a problem wasn't fixed when it should have been, etc?

No, this is NOT standard practice and not your fault. However, you're the one that's out time and money because of it.

Back