Question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
I'm already thinking about my annual trip to Wisconsin. Normally, I fill the boat up there. Last year I discovered that all of Wisconsin has the 10% Ethanol. My boat HATES that crap. Runs rough and a very noticable loos of power. All things considered, would you put the 57 gallons of the good stuff here in Virginia (I live far enough out that I can still get real gas!!).

Things to consider:

Safety....57 gallons of big boom if the tank leaks or something else tragic happens.

Trailer and tire wear?

Truck mileage I don't think will be an issue, my 3/4 ton get's 12-14 no matter what.

Extra weight of the gas?

I would tow it full and at 1/2 tank when I'm up there, I would refuel minimizing the poor performance.

Anything I forgot?

What say you?

TOXIC

I looked it up...a gallon of regular unleaded gasoline weighs 6.216 pounds per gallon (premium weighs 6.350). 57 gallons would weigh 354.312 pounds...or in other words, about half of the Senkos and Vienna Sausage you haul around. It really doesn't sound like that much more to haul. I'd go for the good gas.

Harpo

If I'm not mistaken, and i do a lot of tournaments in wisconsin.... the 87 and the 89 are the same price. the 87 has no ethanol, the 89 has ethanol in it. so... i'd drag her up empty and fill her up w/ 87... unless u got the pro xs.... U might want to confirm this, but I am almost 100% sure...

david

Even if WI has bought into corn oil 100%, there are a lot of gasoline providers between VA and WI. You could fill it up just before you get into WI.

Now, I believe that SoonerFan is correct--my truck wouldn't even notice an extra 300 pounds in the boat.

Tox, with all the money you have......just hire a tank truck to standby at the launch. Problem solved.

Bubby:D

Vectordave,

Last year I couldn't find a station that had "non-additive" gas at any octane. All of it was cornmeal and I checked every time I stopped for truck gas. The problem with finding the good gas is that it is a Federal requirement and in our area at least, it is a requirement when you are closer to the "cities".

Sooner....I don't have room for the sausages.....too many Senko's!!:lol:

I think I'm just gonna fill her up and tow away!!

TOXIC

Tox,

Let me look around at Winneconne and roads into the area... I might just get a lead on real gas... And, TJ can start looking as well. He sells in the area...

Now, let me know the dates and we'll ice down some "road soda"...

As far as I know ALL the gas here in Oklahoma is 100% pure dead dinosaur.

Considering the political situations in the world today, I wish we could run our cars on anything but petroleum.

I LIVE IN MN, THAT SAID. I TOO USE NON-OXYGENATED GAS IN MY BOAT. THERE IS ONLY

A COUPLE STATIONS NEAR ME THAT CARRY IT. IF YOU LOG ONTO A WEBSITE CALLED

MSRA (MINNESOTA STREET ROD ASSOCIATION) THERE IS A LINK FOR A LIST OF GAS STATIONS IN MN AND WISCONSIN THAT CARRY NON-OX FUEL. IF YOU DO NOT SEE ONE

CLOSE TO WHERE YOU ARE GOING, I WOULD CALL THE PLACE YOU ARE STAYING AT AND ASK THEM IF THEY HAVE ANY ANSWERS.

Boy, Toxic! You come up with some the strangest things to worry about. One way or the other, it's going to be differences of a few nickels and dimes. You're going to age more over this than throw away money with whichever decision you make. Life's too short to dance with an ugly woman or try to figure out how to save a couple of bucks on gas on a dream trip like you have coming.

Relax, enjoy, don't count so much, and just say no to ugly women.

Jack

I always thought it was "life's too short not to dance with an ugly woman." However, I always figured that if a woman would ask me to dance, I should just count my blessings and say--yes ma'am.

"Life's too short to dance with an ugly woman"

That line and "Toxic"

Sure does bring back a few memories...

KB

:lol::lol::lol::lol:...I know what KB is talking about but I don't remember a lot else from that night.....except a very severe hangover!!:p:p

TOXIC

She may have been fat but you told me she was cute........:huh:

If you get an ugly woman that treats you right, you just thank the Lord and turn off the light.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back