Question for TomMac

• Thread starter Christopher Laurencio
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Tom,

Do you have directions or the address to look on mapquest for Stone Tavern Lake and Assunpink.

I am "ready for this" thinking of joining CJBB for just a few of the tourneys this year. I know. Anyway there schedule has a couple tourneys in my backyard and also in the above lakes in late March & early April.

Chris, Stone Tavern is off of Rt 524 just outside of Clarksburg..... I'm 10 minutes from the Assunpink Lakes

and fish them quite a bit. When its time if you need info

or want to get out down here fishing let me know! Mike

Tom,

I'm still with Tri-state, but they do have one or two tourneys I may not go to, one day trip to the Flats in April and one day trip to the Hudson. I was just going to fill some of the voids and fish in CJBB's tourneys that are close to me. I don't have the official schedule yet, but I can type it up here on Thursday for you. There doing Shepards lake in Passiac county That was my idea LOL.

I bet they don't have permits!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike, will do, I will let you know in March, is the Ramp off of 524?

Hey are those lakes still hard down there?

I'm dying to go.

The lakes are still hard, but slushlike now. Mid-March I usually start crappie fishing at Assunpink. Lots of very shallow water in the back so it warms up fast and turns on the fishing. It just depends on the weather. Hopefully soon. My son and friends usually hit the farm ponds down here when ice is out so I can gauge by when they start hitting fish when its time to go.

Boat launch area isn't far off 524...its on a road between 524 & 571. When its time I'll be sure you have good directions.

Mike, good point, I will have to check out "Ghost Lake" soon to see if it's soft water. Once it is, I will be going there since it's also very shallow. Did very well there last spring.

Was at Spruce Run last Saturday and it was rock hard under about a 1/2" of slush.

Back