Question for Shimano folks

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilbert Scales2

Reaction score
Is the Shimano Citica 200DPV reel as good as the old curado, better than, or worse?? I won one this weekend as a door prize, at a fishing tournament. Thank you in advance.

Bubby:)

Bubby, I have the Citica 201D. I have fished the old Curados for years. Although I have only used it for a month, it feels great and is very smooth. The drag system seems to be better than the old Curado also. Chris F.:D

I have had a citiga 201 since last spring and i woould say without a doubt that its a better reel then the cursdo it replaces in the same price range. As chris mentioned the drag is better, it also casts better. I would put it on par with the curado super free's that used to cost 150.

I had the pleasure of standing around talking to Jim "The Reel Doc" Johns of Heartland Tackle one night. This was just after the "new" Citica was released a couple of years ago. He told me the Citica was everything the old Curado 200BSF was but with some improvements.

Latest posts

Back