Question for GM people

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishrmn70

Reaction score
Well, this past weekend hit a patch of black ice while towing the boat with my Trailblazer and the corner of the rear bumper met the guardrail. I am thankful though that no one was around me at the time, pretty nerve racking experiience. Does anyone know about how much it would cost to have the rear bumper cover replaced? And how much a 17" wheel would cost? Also for Mac and others that work for GM do you know if is it possible to get the bumper already painted from somewhere and do it myself?

Thanks for your advice,

Adam

There's a company down here that does "bumper reconditioning"... that is, they repair those bumper covers. However, part of the problem with painting a vehicle is color matching, so I doubt you can buy one pre-painted.

As for the wheel, if you've bent the rim, replace it immediately, if even with the spare. That extra wobble can do a lot of damage not only to the tire, but to the suspension.

Mike,

I figured as much with the paint matching, but was hoping that since it is less than a year old I wouldn't have a problem with matching. Also I am pretty sure it isn't bent, just scratched from sliding across the dirt shoulder before hitting the guard rail.

CJL,

Mainly I fish in an area called Highland Lakes (which in near Vernon), the only thing is it is electric only and private. Besides there I also fish Monksville and Pompton Lakes. I also had a chance to fish Cranberry Lake and the Delaware river with my cousin this year.

Adam

Adam, I used to fish a private lake in Vernon all the time, it was awesome. I'm trying to think of the name, maybe Pleasant Valley Lake?

Monksville could be a tough place especially without a 9.9, I like Pompton but crappy launch and the water is a nasty, but the fishin is good. Cranberry I fished quite often this year, good lake for LM. We should fish next year.

CJL,

Yeah I know what you mean about Monksville, either you are on fish or it is a long day. I am lucky though I have a 99 for the boat. Fishing next year sounds good, will have to try to work something out when the time comes.

Adam

Back