Question about 2005 Nissan Pathfinder

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnie Matney

Reaction score
The wife wants a new ride and I told her she could have one as long as it would pull a boat. Well she has her heart set on the 2005 Pathfinder and I went and drove one. Honestly it rides about the same as our Trailblazer and breaks about as good. It has 270hp, just a little less than the TB but it felt solid. Also I belive they all come with locking rear differential.

So my question is how would they handle a glass boat with a 150 on the back?? I am looking to buy a boat this spring but I want a tow vehicle that will handle the load. Also what about Nissan as far as durability??

Were going Saturday and try to get a price. If its close to the TB payment I may have a new ride. I mean the wife will. LOL

Donnie

Donnie - First, what's this "handle a glass boat with a 150 on the back"?? What? No more TIN?? you've been seduced by the darkside?? Say it isn't SOO!!!

An Avalanche with a 150 is what you need, the force will be strong in you if you do!!!

Oh, and according to the Nissan site, the Pathfinder has a Tow Capacity of 6000lbs WAY more then you'd need for just about ANY glass boat with a 150, so NO PROBLEM!!

Trep

Yup Iam going to the dark side...leaving GM (sorry Mac) and getting some glass. I have to get something used to fit my price range, otherwise I would look at the Avalanches. Untill then its Champion, Stratos, Skeeter, or ahhmmmm Ranger! LOL

I like the looks of the Pathfinder and they are re-designed. And I can probally get a good trade in on the TB and keep my payment close.

Mac I looked hard at the Tahoes but even with the rebate you can give Iam still a little ways away of making that type of payment. I tried dude, I know I need to keep a burtha' in a J.O.B.. Even if he is a PAD designer. LOL I couldn't resist. Stayfree dude.

Donnie

As a auto mechanic for the last 25 years, I am seeing alot of newer GM's with fuel pumps out, Bad Chinese bearings in rear axles, all at very low miles, some as little as 20k. I would go with the Pathfinder. I would really love to say "Buy American" but until the quality matches the Japs, I won't buy any. Look over the interior and the line up of body panels compared to the tahoe, No comparison at all.

Drove my Nissan Pickup for 150,000 miles without a problem. Sold it because it was to small to tow the Av. with no breaks on the trailer.

Donnie - OK this is not a Slam but just a question, why no Nitro's in your used boat list??

Ahh really i forgotto add it to the list. Basically I am in the market for anything in my price range lol, Nitro included. Granted they are not as high on my list as others but they are there. I am staying away from the obvious problem boats and some of the ones no longer produced. I am looking for layout over ride right now, since I dont do alot of running and gunning. So storage and layout are big factors, and all the boats listed have features and layouts I like.

Donnie

That's alright Donnie,....no sweat,...when I eventually lose my job due to outsourcing and poor sales,..I'll come down to KY and live in your garage,..and we can eat CHINESE food together!!..LOL...

(Nissan's are good trucks,...my Bro owned one for a while before he became "educated" and bought a silverado and 'Vette!!)..Bbwwaahhhaaaaa!!!

Mac

I have the Titan from Nissan for about a year now. Mine has been great and I know they made some process improvements when building the Pathfinder. They made a few mistakes on the Titan and learned from it. Nissan has treated me far better than Ford ever did which is why I switched. The Pathfinder has a new version of the VQ series motor from Nissan which is very reliable and so so smooth.

My only beef with Nissans is the paint and sheetmetal...not rust like they used to suffer from. It is just thin and fragile. But the powertrain more than makes up for that in my opinion. Go for it!

Corey

Mac you dont have to sleep in the garage we got a room beside the dogs upstairs. They can have the room and you can get thier kennel!! Bwwwaaaa!!

We may just have to order the Pathfinder, there is not many of them around yet.

Donnie

I've owned two Nissan vehicles, one pickup and a Maxima. Drove the daylights out of both and had very few issues. I bought a Ford Explorer for my wife and have had many problems. I'll go back to Nissan. The Pathfinder should be able to two most bass boats with no problem.

the nissan is a good solid truck the drive line is very dependable, the real question is can you get pastr the interior. The have fit and finish problems after 15 or so thousand miles. i.e. rattles and squecks

Back