Q: Buying a Tracker?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I very much like the Tracker All Fish V-18. It's based on the TV-18. It truly has the specs I have been looking for in a boat...on paper. I also want something that I can keep for awhile, but I do take care of equipment.

On one hand, people seem to say never buy a Tracker....or I never will buy another one again. I have found some complaints on the net but not that many. The NADA values do drop on the Trackers pretty quickly...seemingly faster than other boats.

If the Trackers were so bad one would think there might be a class action suit or something. They do sell a lot in the USA...one of the leading sellers.

I have inspected an All Fish in detail and the hinges, insides welds, and other things do seem a little questionable.

What gives? Am I making more out of this? What are other experiences?

Regards,

TurkeyHunter

THunter.....maybe this will give you an idea of the tracker toughness. I bought a new PT185 March '02. Since then, I have launched my boat well over 500 times. To date......ZERO PROBLEMS. I use but don't abuse my 'tin' boat and wouldn't hesitate to get another one.

Chris is right on the money.....the dealer most of the time is what the bad press is about. Unfortunately, some dealers are only interested in the sale,,,not taking card of the customer afterwards.

Good luck.

You need to check out the dealer, as suggested. I had a Targa and getting service at my original dealer (local group that sell quite a few boats) was hard to do. Took it to Bass Pro and they bent over backward.

You are in the DFW area, so I suspect you are looking at them at the BPS in Grapevine. Several here should be able to comment.

Tex

THunter.....maybe this will give you an idea of the tracker toughness. I bought a new PT185 March '02. Since then, I have launched my boat well over 500 times. To date......ZERO PROBLEMS. I use but don't abuse my 'tin' boat and wouldn't hesitate to get another one.

Chris is right on the money.....the dealer most of the time is what the bad press is about. Unfortunately, some dealers are only interested in the sale,,,not taking card of the customer afterwards.

Good luck.

T/H, the aluminum Trackers are fine boats. Over the years I have owned several and except for one that I bought used, that was really rough, they all performed great. The welded hull handles well and I prefer it over riveted.

Da Bear

T/H i have a 175 pt 2002. i fish central fl lakes, toho and harris . i fish very hard, they are tough boats very strong hull. Would buy another in a heart beat. only thing i dislike is hull being so light , getting pushed around a little on windy days. but super easy to tow. but over all i love my tracker...... joe

T/H - I am running a 2000 PC 175 with a 40 Merc, very similar in design to the All Fish just a foot shorter, a little thiner and not as deep, but a GREAT boat! I've run her in everything from the Chatahoochie River to 2ft chop on Lake Lanier, to the 2004 Nitro Rally at KY lake! And the morning of the Bass Rally all the "Glass" guys were telling us "Tin" guys to stay in the protected coves as it was going to be windy/choppy. Well let me tell you that we crossed the lake in that chop, fished the other side of the lake and BAM won the rally!!!

The boat will be 5 years old the end of January, its the old rivited model and not ONE leak period! As others have said i've heard of bad dealers, i've got one of the best - BPS Atlanta, that has done NOTHING but excellent work from day one!

Only thing I wish I had the cash to upgrade to the 75 Merc 5 years ago but that was not in the cards. And the new boats besides being all-welded have the new "Galvashield" galvanized painteed trailers!! Which is great whether you put in Salt water/brackish or just fresh. THAT is innovation right there!!!

Trep
2004%20April%2017%20Rally%20Big%20Fish%20for%20web.jpg

I have a 2000 PT 175 SE that I got new.It has served me well and I have had no problems with it. I have ordered a 2005 Targa 17 [that I hope comes before hard water].If I had any complaints about the Tracker I wouldn't even look

at a Tracker now.I don't think there is anything to wory about.<><

All of the boats are welded now.you are going to hear complaints about different things especially when you are the NUMBER 1 builder in the country... They did not become number 1 by building a inferior product! Nuff said

you will love the boat!

Back