Putting The Beast To Sleep

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Smith

Reaction score
Well, todays the day. Time to put the TV-18 to sleep for the long Michigan winter. I've been puttin it off for as long as possible, but the temps dipped down to 31 last night in my neighborhood and the wife wants the rig outta the garage right now. It's time to break out the "honey do" list and get crackin...!! The more good deeds I do this winter, the more time I'll have to fish next season..!! It's been a good year fun fishin, tournament wise, my partner and I got spanked for the most part. So, sooolong to another fine fishin season, I'm already thinkin about the next one....

Nah...I don't put mine up Patt until' it actually freezes...which is about Dec/Jan in Ohio. The saugeye are just now startin' to hit;)

I feel for you guys that have to deal with winter.. Our fishing is just starting here in JAX the summer was brutal and we now are having 40's at night and 70's during the day, perfect fishing weather..

Brian - we need to be fair when bragging about the great wx in FL now. Got to remember that the fishing really stunk during 3 hurricanes. The many hours lost to cleaning up and doing repairs after the hurricanes really cut into the fishing time too. This year I think we earned some good fall and winter wx to fish.

JimC in Orlando

(winterizing is a tackle box exercise where you rotate your lures because the bass have moved deeper)

I agree with Brian, sort of. I do feel sorry for you northern guys with that long sh###y winter. But, I really feel sorry for you having to bargain your way into having more fishing time next by keeping the wife happy all winter. Come January or February mine will start bugging me to take to BPS in Baltimore, Md for the weekend. Thats right I said Weekend. It takes us that long to go thru it and get everything we both need/want!!! And then there's BASSARAMA in Richmond and The BASS Seminars............ what a busy winter !!!

Ken, Teddy Carr's booth. That's who I am under exclusive contract to guide for. Should be at both as well as Fisherville, VA and maybe even Harrisburg, PA this year.

Bill, you mean BPS? I don't know, they got a little hinky after TC set the booth up last year.

TOXIC

Back