Pulling away fiberglass stuff

• Thread starter Carlos Hathcock III [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~l
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos Hathcock III

Reaction score
These two pictures are taken in the boat box on both sides. The worst one that is pulling away is on the port side.

Starboard is not so bad, but you can see it some.

Cosmetic? Will the hull warranty cover the fixing of this?

Carlos
IM000673.JPG

almost every Nitro I have seen does that..... mine looks just like it....

Kraig

If you look at my library you will see some pictures there of the inside of my Nitro that has the same thing happening. It is at the dealer getting repaired right now. As far as I know at this point it is being covered under the warranty.

MY humble opinion.. NO, it shouldn't happen, YES it SHOULD be covered, and NO, it shouldn't happen again.

This is my perception as a customer, not as someone who knows diddly about fiberglass.

Bulkheads pulling apart on a nitro not suprising. My boat did the same thing and so has every other one I have seen. I guess that is what you get in a more affordable mass produced boat. It's the cookie cutter boat line. You don't even want me to get started on the fiberglass nightmares I have had with my boat.

QuinteBasser

This problem I did notice quite by accident. I am bringing it to Mare Marine here in a few minutes to have them look at it. To me, it seems very superficial. Not a load bearing part at all. Looks like the fiberglass just came detatched from teh bulkhead. I am thinking it was the last time we went to the hot side of Anna. Hot water and cold air, made it a bit hard and inflexible. But, then again, I am not a fiberglass guy. I will post a update when I get back from Mare.

Carlos

My concern is that the fiberglass is exposed and could seep water in, causing a larger problem. Again, just something to ask about, since I'm also no expert, though I pretend to be one on the internet :).

Snowman, you are too funny!!!!!!

I agree on the water damage. I just dropped off the boat and they are going to do the process. He said he has to take pictures and send them in and then he gets the answer back. Hope it does not take too long!!

Carlos

Back