PT175 front casting deck extension done!

• Thread starter Mike Newman [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/8
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Newman

Reaction score
I finished my retrofit on the front casting deck of my 2003 PT175 over the weekend. I took the boat out on Sat to try out the new trolling motor and the extra 9" of front deck I created. I loved them both and caught a few bass to boot. This is my first attempt to attach a photo so we will see how it goes. I have a few other photos including a shot of the front of the boat with the entire casting deck off I can share from my library. It shows the wiring conduit I ran to ease this and future wire pulls to the front of the boat. The carpet looks like a slightly different shade, but this is actually only the nap being compressed on the 2 year old vs new. Best news is it can be easily reversed back to factory set-up with absolutely no visable sign of modification.
Pt175%20completed%20front%20deck%20closeup.jpg

Looks great, good job.

After looking in your library I noticed the support braces and wondered why you didn't add a reccess for your trolling pedal?

How difficult was it to remove the deck?

Looks like a "Grab Bag" project.

Write up a procedure and upload it.

How did you do the TM cables?

I have a PT175 and might want to do it too.

Thanks

Has anyone ever re-carpeted their tracker decks? I've seen in Cabelas and Bass Pro the nice carpeting (~$20-$30 per 8' by 3' measure) and was wondering how difficult it would be. It seems that would be a nice upgrade to 3-4 year old stock tan carpeting that gets worn pretty well...

Thad

Nice job Mike. I replied to your comment on the four stroke. How did you guess I'm from Peoria, nothing but small lakes ha ha.

Nice job Mike. I replied to your comment on the four stroke. How did you guess I'm from Peoria, nothing but small lakes ha ha.

That looks nice Mike. Makes me think about extending my deck.

Thad, I just replaced the carpet on my front deck. The worst part was getting the deck out. I had to drill almost all of the screws out. I was going to do the whole boat but got scared off when I looked at the rear deck. It looks like the boat was built around it and there's no way to remove it. The front deck was the only part that was in real bad shape so I'll stop there for now. BTW, it's a '92 Pro 17. Hutch

Back