PT 185 Dual console, can you remove passenger console

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Burger

Reaction score
I'm looking at a PT 185 Dual console that is for sale. I'm not sure if I want to keep the passenger console. Is it easily removable? Also does the console hinder the ability to get rods in and out of the locker?

Thanks

Tom

Yes, you can remove it..it is basically an add-on unit that is screwed in place.........however.........it sure is nice to keep the wind out of the passenger's face. I don't use the rod lockers much, but I don't notice a problem with the console hampering loading of the lockers.

Yes, you can remove it..it is basically an add-on unit that is screwed in place.........however.........it sure is nice to keep the wind out of the passenger's face. I don't use the rod lockers much, but I don't notice a problem with the console hampering loading of the lockers.

Murphy's law!!! I looked for 2 years for a 185 DC and could not find any, ended up with a Nitro 700lx DC :)

Trep, I was about to put an all out bulletin to noitfy you, but then I remembered that you don't have the Tracker anymore, LOL. Maybe TEE wants it? (If he's selling)

I know TEE has been looking for one of those consoles for a long time...

My first thought was that I would want it too....but then I thought about how the tip of my rods hang over the end of the rod locker on that side. With a console on that side, how would you ever lay down a 7' or 7'6" rod? Sure would be nice to have a dual console though.

Harpo

I used to have a PT 185 with dual consoles. My 7' rods fit fine up on the deck, they just threaded under the trolling motor cables. I never tried 7'6" rods, though...

BTW, it was my wife that asked the dealer if we could add the DC to the boat...great decision.

Thad

Tee, I don't own one, I'm communicating with a seller that has a PT 185 DC. I wasn't sure if I would like the DC or not, so I was inquiring to see if it was removeable. The boat is a 1999. I'll keep you in mind if I decide to sell, or how much do these consoles sell for? I may be able to justify paying a bit extra if I knew I was going to sell the console. Don't forget it would have to be shipped from California.

Tom

I'm not sure where this thread went :( . If a passenger console for a PT 185 is available somewhere and will fit a 2002 PT 185, I am definitely interested. It's cheaper than a new boat!

Back