Protect your eyes

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
I just found out today that my eyesight problems (recently developed) are due to cataracts. I thought I was a little young for this but the doc said more outdoorsmen/women are getting them at an earlier age.

So wear the UV glasses and cover them peepers fokes you only get one pair.:(

fatrap

I'm showin' signs too but, I usually always wear sunglasses:wacko:

Yes, I was pretty surprised when I found that out as well. So much for a squinting as a sun defense over snow and water.

Actually, unless you really have bad cataracts, you can live pretty long without having an operation.

I think high cholestoral also contributes to cataracts; but don't hold me to that as I got my medical training at the Holiday Inn Express.

Gotta go for an eye exam next week. This was kind of sudden. My sight has been slipping rather rapidly over a short time. I had 20/15 vision when I was younger but haven't had an eye exam for fifteen years. Do walleyes have teeth? Maybe the reason my thumb is so chewed up after catching a bunch of em is I can't seen the chompers:D

fatrap

Hey Fatrap,

You know it's bad when you can't tie your darn fishing line. I forgot my ONO's when I went fishing a couple weeks back and could not see enough to get the line tied. I had to get my buddy to tie it for me. You know I had a vet tell me once not to let the dog stick his head out the window because the wind would cause cataracts???? I wonder if the wind while screaming across the ponds has anything to do with it?

The Dragon

Dragon

I think just being an outdoorsman has this as a hazard. Common among farmers and other outdoor workers. I told my Vizla A.L.F. he might have to become my seeing eye pointer.

fatrap

That ok Fatrap my daddy head a chevrry and rincoln before he ever had a cataract...LOL

I don't think it's that bad of deal any more. All taken care of with the lasik surgery and well worth it.

BF

This is the sole reason I sport the raccoon look most of the year :)

Latest posts

Back