Problems with Speedo/Water Pressure Hose

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Robinson

Reaction score
My 896 is spewing warm water from the speedometer hose; Water is also coming from another small white hose underneath the steering wheel as well ( I suspect this hose should be attached to the water pressure guage)?

Anyways, the hoses seem to short to reconnect or they won't stay on when reattached. Any suggestions? Where could I get a connector? My leg gets soaked everytime I take it out!

Thanks,

Steve

Take measurments on the tubing, and go to a good local hardware store (like ACE) and look at what they have in the plumbing section. They can probably help you. When I find something like that, I go down and tell them - 'I'm trying to solve an unconvential problem, with an unconvential solution'.

Tubing to collar to more tubing is what you are probably looking for. In short, extending the tubing. Maybe some heat shrink?

Tex

Another source is Wally-world or any pet shop. You can use plastic tubing used for air hose for fish tanks and associated fittings. I put a 'tee' in my line under the dash a few years ago.......used about a foot stub on the tee.....put a screw in the end of the stub. When winter rolls around, I simply blow the remaining water out of the hose and wala.....no freezing speedo line.

Could be the hose is stuck somewhere....should be able to gain enough:huh:

You have plenty, they are as thick as flies on you know what....there's one in Fairfaxthat I know of for sure

Wally World = WalMart.:huh:

TOXIC

On particularly annoying, repeatative hose pop-offs, I've used a small bead of contact cement on the end of the hose before sliding up the barb. Always use a fresh cut end of hose and don't use too much that can plug your barb opening. Finish off with a zip-tie and you should be done. Good luck!

Back