Problem with motorguide

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Mousseau

Reaction score
I have been having problems with the power output of my trolling motor it is a 42lb thrust. I have charged the battery overnight it runs good for about an hour then it seems that it slows way down. Could I have a bad cell in the battery or some other problem? Any ideas on what to try? I hate to have to spend $400 dollars on something that is only 2.5 years old. Is there any way to check the motor itself?

I would look closely at the battery before I started tearing into the motor...Take the battery and get it load tested...

az

I had a battery that was only 2 months old that gave me the same kind of problems. Sometimes it would show a full charge and sometimes it wouldn't charge past 50% and it would only last about 2 hours. I replaced the battery and the problem was gone. Definitely check the battery.

I've been wondering about my MK TM lately. It doesn't seem to be running as fast on any speed as it used to. I really hadn't thought about the battery since it's fairly new. My Guest charger is telling me that the battery is fully charged but I sometimes wonder if I should get an automotive type charger and make it boil for a few hours.

Harpo

Harpo,

Have you pulled the prop and checked for something wound around the shaft?

Been having the same problem with mine. A 67lb MG. Until it quit totally. Not the batteries. Took it to the dealer, they pulled it off. Motor is shot. Im hoping Motor Guide does the right thing and fixes "no charge". Its only 14 months old and doesnt get used a whole lot. Not on any tourny trails or anything. But we'll see........

Back