Problem with Boat Cover

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Hofman

Reaction score
Well, after three years, my original boat cover has started to show signs of aging. On the last trip out, we drove home in rain and snow and a small tear appeared where the cover goes over the front pedestal seat. It's about an inch long, with a ninety-degree turn, and then continues for another inch.

My father-in-law is recommending that I take it to a local tent and awning company for repairs, and is recommending that I have some of the stress points reinforced with an additional layer of material.

Does anyone know what something like this is going to cost? Would I be better off just buying a new cover from Dowco, or having one custom made? I'd eventually like to have a cover with an integrated motor hood, but the current one will need to be rags and threads before the missuz will agree to spending the extra $$$.

I'm sure some of you have experienced this, so your advice and recommendations will be deeply appreciated.

I bought some reinforcing material from Cabelas last year. It has adhesive on it, Just cut to size, peel and stick. I used it to reinforce around my windshield and trolling motor. I don't recall what it cost, but it couldn't have been much.

Mark -

Go to Pat's Boat Covers. They're on the north-east corner of 270 and 21. They'll make you a custom cover that will last a lifetime. It's more expensive - but it's worth it!

me!

(I think it's the north-east corner..... I'm not sure which direction 270 is running at that point. I assume it's still north and south.....)

(And for those of you who are about to tell me that odd numbered highways go north/south and even numbered highways go east/west..... You don't know St. Louis.....)

Custom cover are expensive mine cost $950. but worth every penney.

Dave

I paid about $500 for one on my Nitro 180 at Pat's. It was made from a very heavy vinal. The boat had it's own garage!

Back