pro17

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Moss

Reaction score
Im looking at a 1991 pro17.40hp evinrude.Top end has been rebuilt owner has papers for this.New tires,trolling motor.Nice carpet,one seat has a 1 inch rip.Still has original papers where bought new.This guy is the third owner.The decals are not faded and overall boat looks nice.He wants 3,700 firm.Is it worth it?

Too much in my opinion. It's a good boat, I have a 1991 Pro-17 myself, just not worth that much money.

NADA blue book on this boat with a 25 HP is under $1500. Not sure how much the 40 HP adds to that, guess it depends on how much it is worth to you, but 3700 sounds high. If you get the chance, I would plug the boat and put some water in the bilge. My 2003 PT175 developed a crack in the keel weld under normal use. Tracker does not cover it, had to get it fixed on my own.

Thanks for the info.I thought it was a little on the high side.I think I will look for soemthing a little newer.I would like a new one but cant justify it because I only go 5 or 6 times a year.Thanks again.

Remember if you buy new or a one owner, you'll pay more, but you'll always know about the maintenance. Just remember to keep up with gear oil changes, and keep the gas treated. Nothing worse than saving on an older motor, then getting stranded because the previous owner didn't take care of it.

Back