Pro Team 170

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ethan Book

Reaction score
I was just at the Bass Pro in Gurnee Mills and I noticed this Pro Team 170. It looks just about like the 175, but it only has 2 seats and a little less storage, altough it does have a center rod locker and possibly a bigger deck. They had it rigged with a 40 hp 4-stroke for something like $11,000. Does anyone know anything else about this boat. I was kind of interested to see it, but I noticed they don't have it listed on their website yet.

I was just bumping this back up to the top to see if I could get any bites. I was somewhat interested in this boat because it seems like you could get a boat very similar to the PT 175 for a bit less. From what I could tell, you would lose the center seat on the bench, and the tackle trays on either side of the livewell. Also, the boat didn't have a trim switch up front, but it did have one on the throttle. I did like the fact that it had a center rod locker, and it did have two decent storage areas on either side of the locker. Also, it had some storage under the seats, but not a ton. Looked interesting, I just would like to hear more about it as I can't find much on the web.

Information about the new Trackers is a little difficult to come by. If I am not mistaken, it is the replacement for the PT 165. I have heard that it is about 6" shorter than the PT 175 (which now has a new style front deck with a center rod locker and a deck that comes to the console). I believe that they are packaging this with a 40 four stroke. The real jewel is the new PT 190 (replacing the PT 185). It is 18'8", 90" beam, 60" bottom, and revolution hull. It also has a redesigned deck that is similar to the TV-18. I am seriously looking at the PT 190 for the winter boat sales.

Well, it would make sense if this replaced the 165, and that would also explain why there were no controls up front (tilt/trim). I like it because it is a bit bigger than the 165 and it seems like it has a little more storage, also, the deck up front is quite a bit bigger it seems. They didn't have any other 2006 boats at that Bass Pro so I can't comment on the changes, but a center rod locker and deck that comes all the way back to the console would be a nice addition to the PT175 I believe. I can't wait to drool over the new catalog!! Any guesses on when it will come out?

Back