pro jet 120 is hard to start

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jack lucas

Reaction score
I have a heck of a time getting this motor to start from both a cold start and also a warm start. There's no choke on it and does anyone know about rigging a solenoid and choke or maybe even a plunger primer for choke???

I would think that your primer would be on the key (push in type) but I am not familiar with your motor. It also sounds like you have another problem working if it is tough to start warm when you don't need choke.

TOXIC

I found out there is no choke per say on the sport jet. It has an enrichener. I'll tear down the carbs and decarbonize the pistons. I'll also check the exhaust gasket. I'm told that if it leaks, water will get into the lower cylinder and make it hard to start.

Thanks for the help guys.

I have a PT 185 Jet with a Mercury 175 which is hard to start too. I am in process of troubleshooting problem. Once mine starts, it isn't hard to start again until it sits for a couple of hours. I suspect mine is a fuel pump problem. I checked my electric Primer Pump by disconnecting from the fuel pump and cranking, pumped fuel out into a can with no problem. You may want to check your primer pump. Now I'm down to the Enrichment system and the fuel pump. My manual says when the temp is above 122 deg F the enrichment system will not provide fuel. Hope some of this helps.

Latest posts

Back