Pro Deep V-16 W/T

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Ackermann

Reaction score
New to the board and just picked up my new Pro Deep V-16 this weekend. Just itchin' to start drilling holes in it! My question is for those with this same boat, what rod holder mounts have you used? The gunnel sides are too short to use the Scotty/Atwood side mounts, the top is wide enough for the flush or pedestal mounts but you can't use bolts and nuts, only screws as far as I can tell I can't get under that section of the gunnel. I would like to use the Atwoods because I have about a half dozen from my old rig. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Bill

Welcome to the board Bill==Congrats on your new boat.

I'm a "newbe" also.

Last weekend I mounted 5 Scotty rod holders. 2 on top of the gunnels and 3 on the side of the gunnels. Looked at the flush mounts -- did not like the idea of making a 1 1/4" hole in the gunnels--Plus this would limit the movement of the holder. I used #12 stainless sheet metal screws 1" long.

Just make sure you don't drill to large of a hole for the screws.

Good luck -- "may the force of tin be with you".

HaleDamage

The Force of Tin, Hale Yea.. Welcome.. You can do a search or wait for the Trepmaster to help you out.. Hang around this place is the only place left on the world where I feel safe....LOL

BF

May the Force(Mercury and Tin that is) Be With You!

TEE

Welcome Bill - SWEEEEET ride man! Trepmaster, I am. Rod holders, mounting, easy I think!!! LOL

I've got the Atwood side mounts in the back of my Pro Crappie. But for Gunnel mounted the best i've found are Driftmaster! Rich S. has them on his (GASP!!!) Glass ride, and they came very highly recommended by our own Dan J.! I used the 2 screw flat mounts but in hindsight Dan was right (as always EXCEPT getting me on fish!!! LOL) that the 3 screw Star Mount is a better bet. I think Rich D. also has them. My only suggestion is if your fishing for BIG fish or serious Trolling, i'd do what I did which is drill THRU the gunnels so that the screw base can go DEEPER for more stability.

That's my suggestions.

Again, welcome to the best little website in the world!!!

Hey Trep - I also have the Driftmasters mounted on my glass (2002 896) but found that instead of using the standard rectangular mount or the star-type I found that Cabela's has a round base (not at BPS???). These work great and when mounted on the carpet near the gunnels it pulls far enough into the carpet that you hardly notice them and causes no restrictions (like tripping over them - LOL). Only problem I had was that the Driftmasters were not high enough to really clear the gunnels so I went to the friendly hardware store and bought the same size threaded pipe and cut six inch pieces, used wingnuts to provide movement and dipped them in rubber casing so not to scratch the glass. Now sits up high enough that the rods and reels clear the gunnels.

Also welcome to the board, I am also new here...there is a wealth of information here.

I was wondering the same...I really hate drilling into anywhere on the boat...my wife says 'you're doing what?'

Does anyone have pics in their library that shows the various rod holders?

thanks

Bill,

Nice boat!

I have 6 Driftmaster mounts on my ProAngler 16, 3 on a side, front, middle and rear. I used the star mounts, and like Trep said, drilled out the center. I had access under my gunnells and was able to use stainless nuts and bolts.

Don't wait, order a Bimini top now, you won't be sorry. Trep and I both have pix in our library!

Rich D

Thanks guys I will check out some of your libraries. One more question for any of you that have a port console. What would be the easiest way to run wiring from starboard to port for a radio and speakers. Will the front deck flooring just come up if I remove the screws holding it down thru the carpet? The livewell and such appears to be attached to the deck?

Bill

I ran mine through the front of the main console into the storage box,across to the other storage box and back thru.. Oh BTW we did our own deck and lay out so it was easy.

BF

Latest posts

Back