Pro Crappie + Prop

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XMYTRUCK XMYTRUCK

Reaction score
What type of about do I choose from the prop selector for a pc175, bass? or Tin?

http://www.mercurymarine.com/prop_selector

Thanks

X

That's a BAD thing to use. Call Tracker Marine (dealer). They have a list of the stock props for a particular motor on a particular boat.

What do you have now and what does it not do that you want? Are the RPMs to high or too low or just wanting to go to a SS instead of aluminum or what?

Hi Mike,

I am looking at buying a PC175 with a 25 4 storke, I have talk to a few people who own either a PT175 or a PC175 with the same motor and they state that they reach up to 25 mph in good conditions. So I was looking at ways to improve top speed with out increasing HP.

Thanks

X
http://I

Merc's site only gives you VERY generic advice. You can take a 20' Nitro 911CDC and a 20' Allison, both with a 225 EFI on the back, and Merc is going to give you A prop to use. Trust me, the same prop will NOT perform the same on those two boats.

Talk to your friends and see what prop they're running. You'll love that 4-stroke though, nice and quiet. That's a VERY small engine for that boat though. It's going to be really underpowered to the point of possibly not getting up on plane much.

I agree with Mike. I've seen several of those rigs because they are very popular on our small made made lakes in Iowa. Most are no wake lakes and things are ok. They really have trouble with two anglers, gear, and full gas and livewells getting up on plane. One gentelman I see often says he gets about 19 mph with two fishermen after he finally gets it ontop.

It is a great motor though. Quite, trolls like a dream easy on fuel.

fatrap

Hello

I was able to speak with the owner of the PT175 with a 25 4 str, he tell me that he has the standard prop on the rig. He does claim that it does plane around 15 mph with help from power trim and tilt.He also claims gets around 22 mph with his girlfriend, dog and camping gear. I wish I could water test this boat but the dealer does not water boats due to it's location. The nears lake is about 15 minutes away.

Thanks

X

X - I forgot what year is the PC 175, I think it's new right??

Again, if the 25hp is max for most of your lakes, you'll do fine, and especialy if the 25 has the power T/T, it will plane out.

Trep

The guy is probably going by speedo or depthfinder speedo, which aren't accurate. Well, it COULD be, but most likely isn't. If the dealer won't let you lake test the boat before buying it, find one who will. I can see not letting everyone who walks in the door drag 4 boats to the lake, but when a person is serious about buying, a lake test is in order!

Hey Trep

The PC 175 will be new, can't wait!!! :)

I just hope I not making a mistake on the motor. i not a speed demon and only one lake required me to have 25Hp. Just want to be sure I get on plane. This is a big jump for me going from a scanoe that top out at 12mph.

Thanks

X

Hey Mike

i am going to ask again to see if they will hook me up with a water test.

thanks

X

X - I made a bigger jump!! A 14ft Jonboat with a 5hp to my PC 175 with a 40 merc. I never GPS'd (didn't have one) the jon boat, but the whole idea of getting on PLANE was new!!! LOL

If I could put a 75merc on the back of mine i WOULD, but could not afford it 5 years ago, and may upgrade to a bigger boat before I ever drop the $$ on doing the 75 in the future. Unless someone comes to me (or I find) a SWEET deal on trading my 40 Merc.

I'd LOVE to find someone who has a 75 ELPTO Merc in great shape w/in 1-2 years of my 2000 Merc 40hp, and swap with some $$.

That's just the lakes I fish on are not that wide but very long and their is a boat ramp 5 mins from my house near the north end of the lake. I'd LOVE to fly at 40+mph down south to the dam!!!

Back