Priced Just About Right

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Loos

Reaction score
Finally got around to my August 2004 issue of Bass and Walleye Boats and read the article on the Bassmaster's Classic Triton. When I got to "Price as Tested, $57,900.00" I tried to guess a monthly payment. So roughly figuring 20% down or $11,580 and financing $46,320 at 7% interst , I calculated a payment a little more than $400 a month for 15 years. Wow. That told right then and there that a guy has to get a lower interest rate. I wonder if that comes with a boat cover?

Da Bear

$58 grand for a bassboat....that's insane!! You can buy a 30ft cruiser for that....WITH a cover!! LOL

Mac,

I agree, 58K for a bassboat is nuts. But there are folks out there that will put themselves in debt up to their eyeballs to look good on the water. Personaly I think that is why we see so many 1 year old Rangers, Tritons, Skeeters, Basscats for sale.. I think a large % of them are folks thta got in over their head. As for me I happy as can be with my NX750 runs great, looks great, and its paid for.

Even if I could afford a 58K bassboat I dont think I would buy one. TOO MUCH $$$ for 21 feet of fiberglass.

Yep...just a few more little payments on my 185 and it's mine:) Seems like I just got it not too long ago.

Mine serves the same purpose and probably catches more fish cause they're too worried about scratchin' there 58K rig! LOL

A lot of the 1yr old boats for sale are pro's boats,....they buy and sell every year. Actually, that's the BEST way for a lot of people to get a first class tourney boat at MUCH more affordable price!! (I don't even fish that many tournaments anymore and the buyers of my personal boats are getting "barely used" boats with 30-50hrs on the motor...and I'm saving them 7-8grand off of retail prices....that's a HUGE savings!!)

You're absolutely right though...58K is ridiculous for a bass boat,....i'd buy a hunting cabin up north before I'd spend 58K on a boat!!

For 58 K..I could buy a used Houseboat and get another bass boat to tow behind it:)

How ya' doin' Macdaddy? Been bustin'any brownies lately?

Not since C4 and Tox came over,.....went crappie fishin' last saturday with Mini and we only got a few....no toads!

He's out with my boat today...while i sit here!!..What's wrong with this picture??..LOL

He's going to swap out the 25P prop with my 27P and call me from the lake and tell me how it's running....can't wait to hear....it should scream!! I get between 69-71 with the 25P depending on load....but the 27 should put'er at 73-74!

I'll let you know when he calls me. (He's on the way to the lake now!!) I'll have him put the 25 back on if the holeshot suffers too much.....it's frikkin' sweet now with the 25...but if I can get better top-end and not lose too much on the holeshot,..we'll leave the 27 on it!! BWAAHAAA

(I'll just keep the 25P as the spare)

Wait'll Carlos runs that dog with the 27 on it!!..ahaaahh

He was lovin' life at 68mph when he drove it for the first time a couple weeks ago...that 27P will change him for ever!! ahahaha (Not to mention the fact that's he's a good 80lbs lighter than me and Mini too!!)

I'll holler back after I get the call from the man with the plan!!

Git-R-Done! :) Probably be hittin' the holler next week hopefully. I gonna' try to get as much fall fishin' in that I can:) Knowaddeyemean LOL

I hearya!!..Good luck man!! I'm going to bow hunt tomorrow...and fish next weekend..then hunt again the following,....decisions,...decisions...ahaha...I love the fall!!

I swear by fall...I may not catch numbers but, with my lucky Brian Kerchal fish whistle...I can call them big brownies in from a long way off:)

58k is the asking price. I sure you could haggle down to a much more affordable 55k.

Well, that's differant. I can handle $55,000.00 for a toy. No biggie.

;>))

Harpo

It's hard to believe that when I was a youngster I would take my trusty fishing pole, dig some worms, and fight a few fish and think I was having a great time. Little did I know that you have a better time by sinking $58,000 in a fishing boat and fight with a dealer over warranty issues. Why do we grow up?

Da Bear

Back