Pressure Washer

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
Does anyone use a pressure washer to wash out their fiberglass? I've seen the neighbor down the street (I don't know him) wash his Ranger off with one after he leaves it in the water. Is this ok for the finish? If so, I would like to get one to make cleaning easier when I leave the boat in the slip. Suggestions on what brand and what rating to buy?

If you had already waxed your hull with an approved boat wax, the clean up should be easy. I use an electric pressure washer at around 1750 psi. It easily cleans off the dirt and other debris and it's easy on the back. I bought a Karcher from Lowe's and it's easy to handle, hook up and use's no gas.

Barry

I use one on mine from time to time. The thing i use it for the most is washing weeds off the trailer. I have a Troy-bilt 2500 psi gas model. It works awesome.

Teri,

I have a 2500 PSI Honda 5.0 gas power washer and I haven't used it to wash my Ranger but like Jim have used it to clean up the trailer. I did use it on my Targa with no problem. The one time I used it on my truck it blew a 3" area of paint off the running boards when I hit a tiny area that had a paint chip that I couldn't even see. Luckly, the running boards were under warranty and the dealership repainted then for me for free. I won't use it on my vehicles any more. You don't need a real big on to do the boat something in the 1500 - 1800 psi range is more then enough for a boat, but I prefer to hand wash the Ranger.

Cass

Yes Teri I use a powerwasher..It doesn't hurt the ranger any..I use It on the truck to...You need to coat your boat with bass boat saver everytime you get it out of the water...Great stuff ask Carlos....JR

I use a pressure washer and turbo nozzle (rotating tip), pumping 4.5gpm @ 3000psi on my boats frequently. It won't hurt the glass a bit and keeps them showroom new. Be very careful around decals, paint, carpet, etc.. For the hull and glass in general, it makes a long job a lot quicker with great results and much less chemicals.

Just curious.....

Anyone know what pressure the wand-type car washes operate at?

Teri,

2400 PSI with a Honda engine was my choice. Honda makes an assume engine although they cost a little more. Sam's club. Remember at 2400 psi I can eat concrete if I leave it in one spot long enough and close enough . So first practice on some things that don't matter.

Pressure washer's have a hundred use's so there really worth the money.

Mark

Back