PRESIDENT BUSH drops in at BPS Springfield MO.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Gross

Reaction score
I just read an article at BPS website that the President dropped in on the Springfield store on Feb.9 after a meeting in Springfield. The stop was unscheduled. One of the items he purchased was a JLM reel and some XPS line .How many of use who haven't got a BPS close to use could resist stopping in to look around. The answer not very many of use including the President of the UNITED STATES !

He was just looking for Mac.....

Trying to get the spelling of his name corrected on his rod handles!

(See: "Scott's World, Episode XXXVII" in which I meet Bill "Mac" McElroy AND........ by Scott, 3/16/2002)

Pres. Bush was also at the Daytona 500 today. It's nice to see a president that appears to be a regular kind of person that hunts and fishes....as regular as a person can be with the Secret Service hanging around!

Bob G.

I just happened to be there when he stopped in!!!! I was standing about 10 feet from him when he checked out. Well....me and about 20 secret service men. It was quite an honor for me. I just stood there in awe....proud to be an American!!

Ed

I wonder how many of those SS agents just had to "sneak a peak" at all of the stuff in there at the expense of letting their guard down!!......they probably thought to themselves...."I'll trust my instincts if trouble starts,...but I just GOTTA check out these ALL STAR Rods!!"..BWWAAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

BTW-He's gonna LOVE that reel!! Those JLM's are swweeeeet!!

He's a sportsman (like his Dad), from way back. He's got his own pond (I'm pretty sure) on his property near Waco.

Was really ticked off by Kerry's comments that the President should not have gone to the Daytona 500 like he did. Some of these folks just really hack me off.

Tex

I'm sure it cost him a few votes from the NASCAR fans for saying that,...LOL...I thought it was pretty cool that he was there...

Back