Potomac Topwater 9/13/08

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Meier

Reaction score
Rock fish are starting the move south down the coast chasing schools of bunker into the bay/river as the water temps drop into the 70's. They just get bigger from now till Thanksgiving before they head to NC to winter.

DSC00664.jpg

DSC00665.jpg

Nice Fish. I had about a 15 lb'er straighten my topwater bait's hooks yesterday. Those are some strong dudes.

Man, that rocks! (pun intended):lol::lol: I love topwater fishin! Those are some great fish. Set the hook once for me Mike, stripers are a little hard to come by in Seoul:angry:....ha ha ha.

JP

Nice stripes! They turned on here in our pond over the past few days. They are tackle busting fun on topwaters! Kudos!!

Hammer HECK YES!! it is the shiznet......

Great rig for them and can help control the initial run! Good piece of gear. My only complaint is that when I throw the 1 oz rattletreap it uses 1/2 of the reel capicity for my cast....I am using BPS 25lb test mon, so it is bigger then a pencil lead..I will more then lilely kick the mono to the curb and put the 20lb Izorline on there to have more capacity..

The rod and reel are holding up well in the salt and I can cast a mile with the setup...reel handles well and does not like to backlash..I may buy another one when I get my nexy Holiday Inn gift card to BPS at the end of the month (if you are boed, look up Holiday Inn Citry Centre Brussels). This will give me two that I can use for the stripers and also catfish when it gets cold (BTW You gonna play any with the catfish in the winter??)

Dan, they are fun! but have to admit, Mike is the Topwater king...I seem to get more on the 'trap then TW at times. BTW ever have an Laffe beer from Belgium? Good stuff man!!

I had Cello Whitbier (sp?) when I was in Belgium, but not Laffe. Is it a dark or pale? The Whitbier looks like Bud in a glass and goes down real easy!

Latest posts

Back