Potomac tomorrow

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim in VA

Reaction score
Heading to the Potomac tomorrow. Was planning on Lake Anna, but time is tight so I'm sticking closer to home. Anybody got any tips? I plan to start out down near the Spoils and work my way up. I expect that I'll have lots of company with the forecast for mid-70's and sun. If it looks too packed, I'll head up river a bit. Besides, need to run some gas out of the big boat before winter!

JC.

Jim - Why run gas OUT of the boat for winter. I fill mine up and put Stabil in it. With a full tank you don't have the same possibility of getting condensation in the tank and pooling with water in the gas. Not as much surface in the tank to collect water. But then again, that's just me. Besides you are going to fish all year long down here at the lake so you can just keep fillin' it up. Haha

Bill in VA

Hey Bill - that IS the plan! I'm running the gas out since its been sitting a few months (that 40hp sure does sip!) and I'm down to about a half tank. Once its low enough, I'll add some fresh stuff and put in Stabil. I don't plan to fully winterize as I'm going to try to fish some through the winter this year.

I am meeting Carlos tomorrow but we are running South for stripers.....below the 301 bridge.

TOXIC

Update: not looking good, small craft advisory, I won't take any chances with my daughter....might run up to the crappie lake.

Here's what came out of the Lower Potomac around the Wilson Bridge area. VERY calm day with almost no wind. I fished Fox Ferry's Point at low tide because it was so calm (a first for me!). On at 1pm - off by 4:30pm.

JC

Potomac11--5-2005003.jpg

Latest posts

Back