Potomac Stripers

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Meier

Reaction score
Carlos and I got out a two mornings this past weekend. 50+ fish mornings on topwater.

http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=Stripers 9-4-06 mike2.jpg

http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=Stripers 9-4-06 Carlos2.jpg

Do ya think that CIII was trying to hype the "Ranger" stuff in that picture? LOL He had to catch two 'cause he couldn't have the "Lone" Ranger. Boy - even that was bad for me! :lol::lol::lol:

Jeese guys, I only look online on occasion!! YA are killin me!! No the hat was not Ranger it was a Guest (only the best ya know) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good rep for Ranger though, now that you mention it!!! Was not staged....really it was not!!!

Yea, yea, yea C, we've heard THAT before! :D:D

Looks like you and Mike had some fun. When do I get to come out and play too? :lol:

ps: are those keeper sizes (I have no idea about size/creel limits on stripers)? Did you end up sending those back or keeping them?

I need to read slower I thought he said strippers...............................LOL

BF

Jim,

AHHAH to ofunny man!!

Thsie were keepers, had to be 18" or more, with two per day allowed. We gave those fish toa couple on teh shore with their kids. When we were on our way in, his son caught a small something on the snoopy pole and Mike wanted to hook them up. Did nto fit in the small cooler they had, hope they went and got some ice!!!

When ya free?

Carlos

you have a set of "Ranger" jammies for nite nite?

Just busting your hump. Really just jealous as always. Great boat, lotsa water, good fishing. Looks like you had a great day.

fatrap

That was not a promo picture, but we are trying to figure out how to put in a center console and keep the carpet from getting so crunchy? We will get a few more pic's after the mods.:lol:

As far as where to start, any where below Cobb Island. Ya can't be scared of big water and getting some saltwater in the boat. The more nasty it is, the better the bite. Two footers are a good thing! I put all that sissy bass fishing crud away after Sept. and break out the big stuff. The 20lb and over fish move up from now through the end of Oct. following the last schools of bunker out of the river and the bay. Then they go and park off NC till spring. I get them coming and going.

You will need a saltwater license, and to get regulations for fishing below the 301 bridge, go to: http://www.prfc.state.va.us/sports/sport_fishing_blue_sheet_2006.htm

The VA DOW has nothing to do with the river and the PRFC will check you pretty regular down here.

You are allowed 2 rockfish over 18" in the fall and only one of those can be over 28". Keep in mind that the blue fish are well up the river in the fall and school up with the rocks. A SS leader is sometimes required based on the feeding frenzy that happens all over the lower river this time of year. Acres of busting fish are the norm when we get the overcast days. Watch for the birds, have a VHF radio on channel 68, and have a big livewell.

Back