Potomac Kitties 11-10-08

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Meier

Reaction score
They are eating on the river.

Carlos11-10-08.jpg

Mike11-10-08.jpg

Nothing like some drag screaming on a day off!:)

All I can say is wow. Week after week you really produce some huge cats. Chris F.

p.s. keep posting the pics.

Is that the Georgetown Harbor in the background? Roosevelt Island behind CIII? Who knew fish like that were up that far! Nice haul.

SWEEEET!!!!

Ill bet those bad boys put up a fight.

Nice catch Mike

Mark

They we 41.5 (mine) and 44 something for Mike!

Jim, they are closer to home then you realize!!!!!

We did catch a few other dinks...in the 20lb range too, just to spice some things up! I lost a LOT if line to a snag earlier and mine almost spooled me before I slowed him down....too clsoe to the end of the spool for my liking. Lesson learned...bring EXTRA line when catfishing....

GAwd. I've NEVER caught anything that size. Do you release those or eat em? Carlos you could feed half the Corp with that thing. I bet they slim a boat up pretty good huh?

fatrap

There is NO way I would eat something from DC waters...after every rain you see condoms, feminine hygene items, homeless folk floating in the waters....in addition, the sewage plants overflow in rain with a regular schedule....

So, we take pics, weigh and release them back to get bigger!

Oh, yes they slime up the boat, your jacket, your bibs pretty good! Smell lovely when you get back! (plus we use shad as bait)

CIII - hope it was Mike's boat!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Hopefully, I'll get out there with you someday! With luck, I'll see you at the NSM (still working out the details on that one).

Jim

WOW!! Great looking Cats you two!! Carlos and/or Mike, how long were the fights with these Cats until you got them into the boat? Did they drag yo around a little bit?

Uncle Billy

They get that big from eating DC homeless folks and yuppies in yellow spandex paddling the river!:D Lot's of protein and spare change contribute to the weight????

80lb braid, 125lb Surflon leader, 125lb barrel swivel, 9/0 Kale hook with snubber. Same rig we use off-shore for sails less the 3oz slip weight and bead. They yank pretty good, but you stay anchored. 5-10 minutes with the real heavy gear.

The slime comes off pretty easy with the vaccum after it dries.:lol: It's a boat and if your not REALLY using it for everything that swims, you might as well get you a canoe. It's less to wax!

You do know that you never take pictures where you caught your fish?????:)

Latest posts

Back