Potomac area catfishing spots......

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Shenton

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good spot for Potomac catfish in the DC, Maryland (Montgomery County) area? I hit the parks on the C&O canal, but hey kick you out when it gets dark (and when the fish start feeding). I would like to learn of a better spot. Also, I noticed that last night it was just a bit cooler, and the fish were dead, but last week when it was only like 5 degrees warmer, but the fish were feeding like crazy. What gives? I never remember them being so fickle when I was younger????

hey wookie,

did you fish when the tide was moving, its usually best in the last two hours of a moving tide. As for catfish spots, i seem to catch them everywhere i fish on crankbaits and spinnerbaits. if you are shore bound try down by the pentagon power plant in alexandria or under the woodrow wilson bridge on the va side. the potomac is loaded with catfish you should not have trouble catching any.

mike

Dont forget the catfish spawn in the potomac through july, at least thats what ive been told

I spend most of my time in the non-tidal potomac above the falls. Any good spots up there?

there are some nice holes by whites ferry. And for water that is under fished there is catacton creek (misspelled) on the maryland side about 3 miles above point of rocks)

and as always algonkian gives up some nice ones if you can stand the boat traffic.

mike

Back