Polorized Sunglasses

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mebassn

Reaction score
I am looking at buying a pair of polorized sunglasses, prefer the amber or brown lens. So far I have found Action Optics Fishbone series Brown lens with Green Mirror to be my pick as of now (following manyfactures have been searched, Ocean Waves, Solar Bat, Maui Jim, Lure eyes.) Anybody have any reviews for glasses or suggestions for a good pair of glasses from another manufacture.

Before I drop 100+ on a pair of glasses, id like some advise or pro's and con's.

Thanks,

Eric H.

Considering I am sponsored by Smith Action Optics and have used their product first hand, those are some good specs!! I am going to give the Solar Bat "Bat Eyes" a try.

TOXIC

before you buy any pair ---go get a eye test and have the color test ran, I did and now I can really see better (Coasta DelMar) however its the lens color that made it better for me.

My eye tint is a greenish gray (sunrise) so now the green and browns show up better

IE: bed fishing and sight fishing crusing fish also bait fish schools really stand out.

I have a pair of costa del mar that I really like and a pair of solar bat that are excellent for seeing in the water. Chris F.:cool:

Let me know if I can help you out with a pair of Solar Bats.

Ken

KD Outdoors

248-666-7799

I prefer Hobies. Just got two pairs of the Yelas frames. One in grey/blue mirror and one in sightmaster lens. The sightmasters are unreal in clear water....almost like an aqua view :)

Toxic, do you use the fishbone sunglasses? If so how do they fit, i'm not crazy about paying for glasses before i try them on.

Ken, I was looking at the Pana, Knife and Sonar glasses with the Mossback Green lens, how do they fit? Lets say for the average face shape.

Up here in Maine we have only a few places that sell fewer brands of sunglasses, We have LLBean and Dicks sporting goods. Both have very few wraparound style sunglasses. All your guys help is greatly appreciated.

Eric H.

I had good luck with Habervision, they are Virginia Bass Federation sponsor.

www.habervision.com

Use this Affinity Member Code and get 50% off the listed price:

ST5102H

HP

Also try H3O optics. Have used them for years and love the fit and wrap. Several different lense colours as well.

http://www.h3opolarized.com

I use strictly Maui Jim's. I have been using them for years and i really like them. I have tried others but i like the fit of the maui's the best.

I'm also a fan of the Action Optics. I like the brown tinted lenses.

NoCAL

I have tried most all of them, but like the Costa Del Mars the best for all around and the Hobie sightmasters when cloudy or clearer water. Maui Jims are nice too (just get the kind that don't have the rubber nosepieces - they want you to send them in and have them glue new ones on).

I have the Del Mar's gray with blue mirrored finish but they are only good in bright sunlight days. I plan on getting a pair of Solar Bat mossback green .

Thanx Glenn.....your advice is appreciated, and I learned something myself, I'm gonna try the Mossback instead of switching in the evening like you used to.

MeBassn and Gross...let me know when you're ready for a pair.

I personally love my OAKLY razor with interchangable lens. Great fpr site fishing..

Thank you for all the replies, still trying to decide, Ken i'll give you a call by the 1st if I go with Solar Bats

Thanks again

Eric H.

Back