Please HELP

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Plocek

Reaction score
Hello

I am new to this board. I am looking for some advise. I LOVE Nitro boats and I want to do everything I possibly can to help people fall in love with Nitro like me. I am on the state team, so it make things a little bit difficult for me. I got my 2007 in the fall of 2006. It had so many problems with it, I was stunned. My dealer kept it over the winter to fix ALL the problems and they returned it to me with only one or two things fixed and several more problems that they caused. It has been such a nightmare from ordering the boat to all the issues I have. I am at th end of my rope. The sales manager and service manager have lied to me and constantly put eachother down and nothing is getting fixed. My repair list has over 80 items on it and now I am having motor problems and they keep putting me off. I just don't know what to do anymore. I want to have a good relationship with Tracker Marine and I want to keep promoting thier products but what can I do.

If anyone who has had issues with dealer/service centers please let me know how you delt with it and if you were able to maintain a relationship with them.

I need to do something soon and I don't want to publicly deal with them.

Thank you for your help,

Ron

I wish I could help, but I have traveled nothing but happy trails with my Nitro [no problems from 2001 to present] and my dealer [Sportsman's Outfitter, Lee's Summit, MO].

You will probably never be happy with Nitro or your dealer. While expensive, you must sue them immediately.

I can't imagine 80 items being wrong. Either you got a real piece of crap, or you are expecting too much. In addition, keeping a boat over the winter to repair it sounds crazy- is this for real? I'm not trying to be offensive here, but that is a LOT of stuff to fix on a new boat. Assuming that this is all true, you do not have to return to that dealer with issues on your engine. FYI I bought a very lightly used 2005 Nitro, and all I have done on this in a year and a half is change the deck lid straps, I think they were in the sun and the UV deteriorated the materials. The seat "cover" snaps don't have backing material, that is a design issue that I will fix when I get a chance as I am in the "rag" business and have access to equipment to change out the hardware. Those are the only 2 issues so far with my 750DC period.

Ron,

As I'm sure you are aware, Nitro is owned by Bass Pro. At this point, I would direct my complaints to the Bass Pro Corporate Headquarters. The Owner, Johnny Morris, is a standup guy. I know he doesn't know all the things that go on in BPS nation wide, that's because his people at Corporate tend to deal with things before he ever finds out. Send copies of all your dealings with Bass Pro to them and let them figure it out. I've found that in the retail sales world, if the right person knows about your problem, it will get fixed. I know you said you are on the State Team and you received a discount on your boat, but, you are going to have to act like a regular consumer and fight for your rights. This may cause you problems obtaining a discount in the future or maybe not. The point is, when it comes to a vehicle history report, many of these items may show up and hinder your being able to get rid of this boat. Fight the fight and get it right.

Dan................

Ron,

You stated that you are on the Nitro State Team, I am not real familar with the Nitro package, (although a few years back Greg G explained the team deal to me). I do know a little about how Ranger deals work and you would certainly have more pull if you are on a sponsered memo boat deal. I ask you about the model year as well? we are now seeing the 2009 models rolling out and sponsered folks have ordered thier new boats and you are talking of a 2007 model.

Are you sure that you just do not have a problem with a dealership? I would be in touch with Nitro on this situation A.S.A.P.

Mark

Usually to get a state team deal, you usually have to an established or have established a relationship with a dealer. So it seems odd that the dealer would not be receptive your needs.

HP

As I'm sure you are aware, Nitro is owned by Bass Pro. At this point, I would direct my complaints to the Bass Pro Corporate Headquarters.

Just an FYI - BPS and Tracker Marine are two wholely seperate companies that just happen to be chaired by the same man, John L., both company's founder. Adressing your problems to BPS may (?:unsure:?) eventually land at the right ear, but a faster, more direct, manufacturer's route is recomended. Your dealer should be first. As long as this has dragged on, you may want to contact Tracker and check the service order history they show. They should be able to tell you what the dealer has represented to them and then go from there. You'd be surprized what some dealers don't pass on to Tracker until too late.

That's the most I'm comfortable advising a State Team Member on a boat, 3 model yrs. later with 80(?:huh:?) initial rigging problems. At some point you need to decide if you are a customer or a representative first. That being answered should start your ball rolling, one way or the other. Good luck!

Jeff Gardiner has helped me on several issues in the past

[email protected]

Customer Relations

(417) 873-4555

As well as Jennie Corely

[email protected]

(417) 873-5900

Jennie Corely Assistant to Ken Burroughs - President Nitro Boats

2500 E. Kearney

Springfield, MO 65803

Good Luck

My guess this may be BS as Ron has not responded since and this is only his second post, but if I am wrong:rolleyes: my appoligies.

HP

I'm on the state team, and have been for 5 years. And based on my experience and what I know about the program, I have to say I'm a bit skeptical, but i realize every situation is differnt...

BTW, the only problems i have ever had involve white docks and ropes ;-) - 80 issues is a list I'd love to see... If you want to, you can feel free to email me off NTOWS at [email protected] -

David

Ron is not trolling, I advised him to post here from another board. I told him he would get honest feedback from owners past and present. He just needs to follow up here and get a little more specific or maybe he already got his answer. 80 problems is a shipwreck from any manufacturer. Without details there's only so much feedback he can get. If true he is definatly the exception not the rule.

TOXIC

80 work order items? Even I dodnt have that many, but of course I rigged everything but the motor on all of my Nitros.

One of the things you MUST realize is that this is a boat, not a car. Things will go wrong and the better you are at fixing them the farther you are along.If you rigged your boat you would know where things are and how to fix them.

I would head straight to another dealer and most certainly contact Nitro and let thme know your situation. I have seen them extend the warranty for boats that were at a dealership so long that the warranty runs out. There are some pretty shady dealers out there, but then there are some pretty ddarn good ones too!

DanJ is correct....you would be surprised at what doesnt ever get to tracker. Dealers are salesmen and I have yet to find one I can trust.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

Latest posts

Back