Plattsburg info Please..

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Freeman

Reaction score
Hey, Looking in to camprgorunds in the PLattsburg area for the Nothern Open there next month. So far my first choice is Ausable Point Campground. Is this a good choice or should I look else where? Any suggestions?

Thanks

BF

Since the tourney is in Plattsburgh, I would recommend the state park on Cumberland Head. It is right off the highway, you can look out and see what the lake is doing, and there is easy access to gas, groceries, etc nearby.

Call this # for a reservation, 518-563-5240.

If you want to stop up for a beer, I'm only 10 minutes north of there on the Little Chazy River.

Hey Rob, We are launching from the Plattsburgh Boat Basin. Won't you be on the Potomac that week?

Thanks

BF

Due to me having to go for state testing I can't fish it so I will be home. Also, the Plattsburgh basin launch isn't even started yet let alone completed. I don't see how they can launch there within a month. I would dare say they are going to use either the Peru, Mooney Bay, or Chazy River boat launches. In any event, the Cumberland head launch is close to all but the Peru launch. Ausable would be closer to the Peru than Cumberland Head.

Back