piece of fiberglass missing

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Zechman

Reaction score
I was in the garage last night and noticed I have a quarter size piece of fiberglass missing about 4 inches below the rubrail on the bow. Maybe an air void? i know I didn't hit anything....do you guys think Tracker will fix this? I have only used the boat now about 8 times, and by looking at it you can tell its not an impact chip because their is no scratches around it or near it at all.......Thoughts?:angry:

If it is their fault then I don't see why they wouldn't fix it. However, a road chip might have no telltale signs but the missing 'glass.

I never heard of a road chip tearing a chunk like this, unless it really is that cheap of a boat.......if they don't fix it, they will buy it back from me

You have now. Mine was bigger than a quarter and Smithville Fiberglass did a superb job of blending in three colors. Only way you can see the repair is in a picture as it reflects flash brighter than the rest.

Bet they won't buy it back.

Mike you bought in Pa? I have bought my last 3 Trackers from the dealer in Reading. Is that the dealer?

I bought it from Bowers yes, but the one in Harrisburg(Seaplane base). I will NOT deal with them anymore, so I am dealing with Bowers in Reading right now. I am hooked up with Jeremy, and he is GREAT! He told me not to worry about this problem he will get it fixed, and make it warranty, this stone chip thing is common among Nitros I'm told.....I just never heard of it happening, then again I did own Champs.....

Mike, I have delt with Jeremy and I can tell you all will be good.

CJ

I've seen what an air void looks like, and this looks like it. There is no cracks or spiders anywhere around it, it just looks like a circle that fell out, almost like it was cut out......Jeremy is helpin me with it, so it will get fixed.....I got a call ffrom Jeff last night from Nitro, so thanx Jeff for the call. He said he saw my post on a website, and this was the only one I posted on. So I got to call him back....

Back