Philly Boat Show

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Sullivan

Reaction score
Anyone in the area heading over to Fort Washington, PA this weekend? I'm hitting it Friday after work to make my final decisions on the 175 set up I want.

Bowers Marine (Reading, PA) will be there. It will be interesting to see if there is any difference in sales tactics after I have already experienced BPS last weekend.

Overall, I was happy with BPS. The sales person actually provided arguments why NOT to get certain upgrades/swaps. He was speaking from experience being an owner of a 185 himself. It kinda surprised me.

Well, Let me re-state that. I should have said he didn't pressure me into anything. For one thing, the OB. I said I was considering the 60 instead of the 50 and he kind of played devil's advocate and compared the % of speed increase to the $$ increase. We also discussed things like 12 vs. 24 volt. I guess I was just happy that he didn't try to take me to the cleaners every time I voiced an idea. It's my decision in the end and I may still upgrade a few things. I just liked his demeanor that's all.

sully the 60 is deff. worth the extra money. i also bought mine from bowers in reading, they were nice to deal with, no pressure. for the trolling motor i upgraded the system to 2 12 volt batterys for extended run times. just wish i also went for a higher thrust. if you want e-mail me your phone # if you have any other questions

tim n

Let me talk to Bowers this Friday. So you think the 60 is worth it huh? What speeds are you running? I think my decision will rest on what kind of rate I can get. Did you finance it through them or another institution? (If you financed)

We will definitley be in touch. I want to pick your brain about Hopewell and Beltzville. Those are two lakes that I haven't fished. Have you ever fished Marsh Creek in Eagle, PA (near Exton). That's a piece of water I know well.

Sully, max out the outboard if you can afford it! Its worth it! Also, up grade the trolling motor mount, the standard mount(07) is junk, see if you can get a motor with the (21) mount. the 12 volt 46# thrust motor guide is fine for the boat, but get the better mount if possable! Anything else you want you can get at your leisure! Brian

talk to cliff at bowers, he's really cool to deal with. i get between 37-39mph on my gps fully loaded, the 50hp is about 5 mph less but longer time to plane. ya i financed but through my bank cause it was the best rate, now for hopewell, you'll find me there about twice a week (10min from home)it's a nice place just small. beltzville is an awsome place for smallies, the water is very clear(30-40ft visability) i also have a my lake"X" near marsh creek that i take people too for tons of bass sshhhhhh

Hey Sully,

I am also headed to the show to talk to Bowers about either an Avalanche or a 185. Will definately want to compare notes with you afterward.

Sully, My 175 had has the standard 12v trolling motor and I wish I had upgraded it to a more powerfull one mostly because of all the smaller lakes where I live that are electric motor only.

Mike L

Yeah, I think I will at least go up to the 54 Gator mount. And Tim, you're starting to talk me into the 60 OB. GRRRR! LOL

Strongly encourage the 60 over the 50. You'll have more flexibility in # friends you take, cruising speed, outrunning surprise storms, etc. I don't know anyone who ever griped about having too much power.

Re. SE PA fishing, I think I know where Lake X is! And I would agree it's better than Marsh Creek. I'm only 10-15 minutes from either and about 30 minutes from Hopewell (love that place in the spring).

Mike (still waiting for my Tundra from BPS Hburg).