Personal Best! 10.1LB with Pics

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cass Caldwell2

Reaction score
Finally joined the double digit club (barely). Caught her this morning at 0645 on a Zara Spook. Treble hook barely hooked her lip, close call but got her in the boat. Caught her at Lake Arrowhead here in Wichita Falls, TX.

Cass from TN

10.1Lb Bass, 27 May 07, Zara Spook, Lake Arrowhead.JPG

Nice fish!! Congratulations! You don't catch one like that every day, year, decade, or lifetime!!

:D

HOLY LargeMouth Batman!!

Great fish, agree with Glen that is a fish of a Lifetime!!! It weighs about what my top TWO fish ever weigh together!!

Love the pic with your Son in your library too!

Trep

Great fish Cass! I'm still waiting to join the double digit club, I've caught my personal best three times.........three fish that all weighed 6.5, and all of them from Clark's Hill reservoir. Congrats.

Jim

Congratulations Cass. Real nice bass - that must have got your heart racing when she hit the spook.

Now if you could only release her up here in Massachusetts ... :eek:

Bill, the Mad Kayaker

WoW Cass !!!! That is one beauiful catch:cool: I bet when you first saw her you just about _____ <---- not allowed to say.:D I would have been so nervous I don't kow what I would have done.. Anyway, you sure did right. Way to go..:wub:

Cass, great fish. The biggest for me is 7lbs., I caught it 20+ years ago. I still remember every detail of that trip. Congratulations, my friend.

Bubby:)

As my Grand Dad used to say, I was shakin like a dog poop'in peach seeds. Took me a while to get her in. She exploded on the Zara Spook, it was just amazing. I can't stop thinking about it. I put her back to grow more, but I'm going to get a replica made.

Thanks everybody,

Cass from TN

Cool!! Good for you!! I'm hopin' to get a wall hanger next week in Michigan. Smallie over 6 will get a replica by me.

TOXIC

Congrats!!! And welcome to the club!:D

Double digit fish are very hard to come by.

Doug Hannon stats:

94% of the folks never catch one over 8 1/2 lbs.

Only 4% ever catch one between 8-10.

Only 1.8% ever catch one fish that is over 10!

And only .2% ever catch multiple fish over 10 lbs in a life time.

California - Florida strain transplants don't count in my book. That's like farm raised catfish except they are fed trout in a little larger pond?

I have caught 7 largemouth black bass over 10 lbs. and a 13.06 all from SC lakes and rivers. Even caught two during tournaments! Always mount a forage fish for the wall so the size of the double digit fish can be realized. I have a very large brim mounted in my fish group.

47b7db09b3127cce842af2cb56a800000026100QbOWjFy2ZsS

47b7db09b3127cce842af38c974700000025100QbOWjFy2ZsS

Nice fish Cass, some day i hope to join the ranks of teh double digit club!!

GregD

Great fish! I'm very glad that you returned it to the lake. The greatest strength of a fisherman is to place the future of the fish and the fishery above one's ego. Well done! :D

WOW baby........................ Nice one. I hear you on the shakin part big ones will do that to you. Congrats

Great job! Mine is still 6lbs 3oz taken from Murray during a Federation tourney in Februray some years ago. It was 26 degrees at launch. Now that I'm living down the road from Lake Fork, I'm hoping to both improve my PB, and joing the double digit club within the next year.

Tex

Back