Pedestal seats

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Sanders

Reaction score
:wacko:1997 Nitro 912. Having problems removing the front and rear pedestal seats. The front seat button is pushed all the way in and the seat pedestal will still not come out. The rear pedestal is missing the button and I am unable to remove it. Any suggestions I just bought the boat and was trying remove the pedestals when I found this problem. The cover does not fit right with the pedestals still on the front and rear deck.

What type of 'connection' hardware does it use? Those big black plastic mounts, that Tracker used for years, or something metal?

Tex

David, I had the same problem with my 94 Nitro. Get a strap wrench and apply some turning force while trying to lift the post. A pipe wrench works too, but it will chew up the aluminum post.

Hot water on the bushing will get it out. I speak from experience

I had to use a pipe wrench on my rear seat, 901. I went to the hardware store and bought a 1 1/2 inch round sanding disk for my drill. I lightly polished the plastic sleeve inside the hole. Don't remove too much material or you may end up with a wobbly seat.

Haven't had any problems since.

RoyC

Back