Pedestal Pole

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael S

Reaction score
Guys last night I went to BPS and picked up a new pro seat and an adjustable pedestal pole for my boat. Well the only threaded poles that they had seemed to have a long shank on them to screw into the boat....so sure enough I get it home and put the pole into the boat and screw it down and sure enough there is about 1" inch still sticking up...so the pole is not sitting flush on the SS plate on the deck....have any of you guys run into this problem, and should I bring the pole back and maybe go and look somewhere else...or is this something I can live with....my main concern is that it is not being supported correctly and will break....

Mac only the bottom inch or so is threaded and the rest of the shank is not threaded....so if I cut an inch off the it would pretty much be unthreaded

just make up a bushing that will make up the differance between the shank and the deck.

you could use a piece of pipe, solid plastic block, wood if you had to but it would be ugly.

GregD

Sorry, I just re-read your original message. Nevermind.

Harpo

Harpo the standard is not threaded at all...I was wanting the threads to secure the pole....

hhhmmm,...i don't have those threaded poles, so i wasn't sure how much was actually "threaded"...thnx for the info!

You could make a spacer though,...good idea Greg!

There are two different 3/4" bases. One is threaded and one is a "king pin". The kingpin post has a groove in it about 1/4" or so from the bottom of the pin that goes around the whole pin.

I believe the threaded will work in the kingpin base, but not vice-versa.

I'm not aware of different lengths being available for the threaded posts.

Thanks for the info guys I am going to run by Academy and West Marine today at lunch and see if I can find something with a better fit.....if not I will just rig up a spacer like Greg suggested...

You guys are lucky...I bought a used pole and seat to use and found out the brass sleeve that is welded to the plate under the carpet is as crooked as a dog's leg! LOL

Guess I'm gonna' have to bring my self to replace the plate and cut the carpet:(

Ok guys looks like i am going to have to go with a spacer...what would work best for this type of application....

Jim Bob why don't you have some one thread the 3/4" pin some more and cut off what you don't need

I thought the thread and lenght were standard, check your plate to make sure there is no junk stopping it from threading all the way in?

BF

JimBob,

Is the pole made by the same company that made the deck mount? If not then i'd return it and buy one from the same manufacture.

Eric H.

Eric

No the pole is made by Springfield I think and the boat is an Xpress, I don't know what deck mount they used but it is not a springfield.....I will try the spacer idea and if I still do not like the way it feels I will have to order one from Xpress for some big time bucks....

Back