PAINT

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike mcmenamin

Reaction score
GUYS:

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE TYPE OF PAINT THAT TRACKER USES ON THEIR NEW BOATS. CURRENTLY RESTORING A 1999 PT 185. ALSO WHERE TO GET DECALS. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

MIKE

BPS would be my first call, decals can be made by any good copy or sign shop. Any aluminum paint will work as long as you can tint and match color. I always thought that if I ever re-did a tinner, I would use that expensive aircraft paint, I assume it would bond and hold up better.

TOXIC

For a good long lasting finish you will need an acid cleaner and an ethcing (spelling?) primer then you can use any type of top coat you want. I will tell you it ain't cheap.

BF

Mike, Where is Bensalem? I live just South of the Mason Dixon in MD and have everything but the paint/color. Primer, cleaner ect. I don't need any longer.

BF

Hey Mike, An epoxy based paint may not be a bad idea. Is this a winter project or want to do now? I am not far from 95, 90 mile south of Philly. If you want the stuff I have we could meet up somewhere? If you want specifics as to what I have let me know and I will get the info off the product. I just put it in the basement so it would not freeze. I just hate to see good stuff go to waste. Besides it's free................

BF

Mike just post the pics in your library here for the whole site to see.

I wonder what the cost would be to get it powder coated?

BF

Back