Paint/fiberglass repair

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Brone

Reaction score
Ok, I put two nice ouchies on the bottom of my boat last week. I'm going to try to attach a pic in my library of it. Do you all think this is something I could repair myself with a gel coat repair kit? It's down to the fiber glass but hasn't broken through it. Thanks

On a corner like that will be a little tricky, but yeah, this is somethhing you could do yourself with a repair "kit"... I'd recomend Marine-Tek, but the conventional gelcoat kits will do the job too... just take your time and follow the instructions... I've done several, but i;ve been lucky that most of them were not corner shots like the one in the library.

Personlly id get a gel coat repair kit to fix it up and make it look pretty. The marine tex Sim mentioned will work as well but wont color match. They do make it in white but it wont quite match. If it was on the the bottom where you cant see it i would most likley go that route.

One other thing. I would not put the boat back into the water until you get it fixed. The fiberglass mat is showing and it can suck up water if left exposed.

Back