Overall Performance

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wes Newton2

Reaction score
My 75 currently has a 13 1/4x 23p prop..looking for a little more top end and better hole shot..kind of a balance...its been running about 4750-4900 at WOT...the max for motor is 525o..would a 21P be better all around?

21p might take you over your max rpms. approx 150-200 rpms per pitch. U'll find out. The ideal prop would be one that runs close to your max rpms at WOT. Don't think you loose any top end by pitching down. as long as you stay within the recommended range.

Newt,

I think you'll probably be alright with a pitch drop during the summer months, probably run you right up there about 5200, but winter, you will turn a 100 or so more R's at wide open throttle and could put you over the rev limiter. What brand of prop are you running? Is it SS? I am assuming it is a 3 blade? Some brands of same pitch are harder to turn due to extra cup and/or a little bigger diameter blade coverage ie. 13 1/4" to 13 1/2" diameter. A stainless steel usually is a little harder to turn due to less flex. and a 4 blade of same pitch usually is harder to turn. You hole shot will improve w/almost any lower pitched prop. I aggree w/BMCD you will not lose any speed and you may gain some due to increased rpms. If you got a real good/reputable prop shop near by they probably can re-work it get it right where you need to be. KENNY

Newt..what boat do you have? And are you lookin' for whole shot or top speed?....I'm currently runnin' 21 P on a 90 @ 5400 RPM's on a 185 but, yours should be different because of the RPM difference.

TEE

Latest posts

Back