Outboard Question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Hutson

Reaction score
As most of you know, I've built a new house. While building, my fishing activities have been 0 since the first of April. I have a 2003 P/T 185 with the Merc 90. I put Stabil in and keep the fuel and oil tanks full to reduce condensation (sp). I'm going to take her out either in the morning or on Wednesday morning before I have to return to work Wednesday night.

Here's the question. I bought a 12 oz. bottle of Quicksilver Quickleen engine treatment (it also has synthetic formula on the decal). Maybe I'm just being paraniod, but after it has set for 4 month's I thought that I should run something through the motor. What do you think???

As always, thanks for your help.

Steve

p.s The house is finished except for my downstairs garage/ man cave. We love te place.

Steve,

It may help but it certainly won't hurt. You need a break from working on the house. I know how hard you've been breking your butt.

Bill

As long as you ran the motor for 5-10 minutes AFTER putting in the stabilizer, you should be fine. I'd definitely run the Quickclean as well. (1 oz. per 6 gal. fuel) It will loosen up and clear out a good bit of any varnish that may have settled in the fuel system. After that, I really recomend running Merc's Fuel Treatment and Stabilizer in every tank. (1 oz. per 1 gal. fuel) It does so much for the longevity of your two stroke. Good luck!! (On the boat AND the house!!)

Thanks guys. I'm heading out first thing tomorrow morning.

Steve

Back