Outboard motor industry observation

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Stern

Reaction score
Suzuki has come on really strong.

Was at the Atlanta boat show last week, and holy cow, Suzukis hanging off transoms everywhere.

Didn't have a lot of time to investigate fishing rigs, but there was a lot of purdy sparkles on display. Tracker's presence was central and huge; I don't think there was a small boat dealer/maker with more floor space than them. I only got close enough to see the price tag on a Z9 (after which I needed medical assistance), so I can't offer many comments on the new model lineup.

Cool stuff.

I had a Suzuki back in 88....loved it. It was a gas hog though. Inline 4cyl with 4 carbs running 140HP.

Mini

I've seen alot of dealers going to Suzuki. Saw alot at the boat show in Indy. The boat show in Nashville sucks so I don't go. Not sure that I have seen any on the water around here. I sure miss having my boat in the garage. I am about ready to go back to a 14ft aluminum just so I can put it in the garage. Maybe I can hang a Suzuki from that. Ah the good ole days when I didn't have to pay $145 per month for a slip.

I have a Suzuki 4 stroke 115hp best engine i have ever had. Smooth running, great on gas and lots of power. I'd buy another one in a heart beat:rolleyes:

Pat,

That means that Suzuki "means business"...

I have seen a few more of them out on the water in the lower level walleye circuits...

Back